GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiring Harness for 3.5 / 5 Bar Map sensors

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, 28 psi is probably the peak. Higher than that, (29, 31, 75 PSI) all read the same to a 3 bar sensor.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

chrisgotboost

I had a hard time getting my hands on a wiring harness to run the Aem 5 bar map sensor so I can push boost over 30 psi. So I decided to make my own and will make some for others.

Price is $35 and includes free Continental US shipping.

Why would you run the 5 bar instead of the 4 bar some people are running? I think Ed does a good job explaining the problem and symptoms.

Includes:
All 3 connectors
Pinned and waterproofed
Length is 12inches long.

*A TUNE IS REQUIRED BY YOUR TUNER TO RUN A 5BAR MAP SENSOR*
How can i buy one ?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Just an update everyone. I changed out some of the material at the top so it is no longer automotive electrical tape to being all thick heat shrink at the connectors. It is a cleaner look. This coupled with supplies being harder to come by, I have to unfortunately raise the price to $37. Anyone who has messaged me over the past month when I was out of stock, message me back if I didn't hit you up already.

Thanks!
20200401_171950.jpg

Last edited:

Swoofty

Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Here's another installed picture of a 2slowvw harness with the AEM 5 bar. I'm using an APR boost tap. I wanted to use the Precision Raceworks tap, but the harness isn't long enough for that one to screw straight in. Thanks again 2slowvw, quality build!
2slowvw harness.jpg

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Got one about 6 weeks or so ago, fantastic quality. Haven’t installed it or the sensor yet, still gotta get my E sensor & analyzer in. Should be installing in the coming weeks.