GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Oil Pressure Gauge

Redmk7gti16

Ready to race!
I am looking for a oil Pressure gauge that will come close to matching the inside of my MK7 GTI. Does anyone have a place where i can pick one of these up?

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
It sounds like you are talking about tapping off of one of the sensors next to the filter? I am curious if that can be done or not to use a digital gauge.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Wish vw still had a din sized area to fit three gauges above or below the radio. I'd do oil pressure, oil temp, and voltage. Maybe a boost gauge instead of oil temp.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
As far as I know, these engines have a regulated oil pump with bypasses that switch over at 3500 RPM for fuel economy. Under that RPM the oil pump will produce 25 psi and above it will produce 50 ish. Somebody most gladly correct my if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wish vw still had a din sized area to fit three gauges above or below the radio. I'd do oil pressure, oil temp, and voltage. Maybe a boost gauge instead of oil temp.
aw yeah....like the MK3 and MK4 kinds....I do miss that.

Redmk7gti16

Ready to race!
Question what do i do with the oem oil sensor i unplug as the wire harness is replacing that. Will i get a code for that sensor being unplugged? Please help.