GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Audio Wiring Harness Schematic? - 2019 VW GTI MK7.5

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have the official wire / color code breakdown of the harness attached to the Fender Amplifier for a MK7.5 Facelift GTI w/ Fender Audio?
I want to know what wire goes to what speaker to make this totally plug and play. Here's what the stock female housing looks like (I pulled from the internet not my actual vehicle):

I bought the male housing for the fender amplifier plug and a bunch of TE terminals

IMG_3676.jpg

If anyone can help please let me know and TIA !!

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
Crutchfield master sheet notes that they don't give the exact color coding / pinout. I have seen other posts mention it but they are for slightly different / older models (here for example)

Where do you get the official info from? I have been able to find the official wiring diagrams for Honda / Acura vehicles in the past and wondering if / where those exist for our cars?

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Im thinking he's adding fender to a standard audio system.

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
Curious/interested, what are you making plug and play exactly?

I was going to solder wires on to the pins in the male harness in the original post.

I was planning to unplug the OEM harness attached the OEM fender amplifier, and plug the OEM harness into my makeshift harness.

After looking at this though I think my new plan is going to be to depin the factory harness instead

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
Basically so I can use factory wiring to the speakers and attach them to my amplifier, instead of running all my own wires from the amp to the speakers if that makes sense

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
You need to recode the radio brain to output line level at the radio instead of MOST bus output to the fender amp.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Would have to run 8 new wires to the fender connector, you'd be better off just rewiring.

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
I bit the bullet and got the NAV ZEN TV which will send optical to a MiniDSP 8x12DL, then to the trunk amplifier, then back to where the Fender amp is to tap into existing speaker wiring. I think the ZEN still requires recode anyway. The Fender gets physically pulled out entirely and replaced with the ZEN.

I will run my own wires to the subwoofer and maybe the tweeters. I've sent new wires through all the doors before in an older car. Drilled holes into the door harness and shoved my hands in that extremely tiny space, took forever for a couple doors and I hated every single living moment of it :mad:. I feel like to do it right you should remove the door entirely, if anything reaches that degree of frustration that's when I open my wallet and beg someone to take my money haha.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
That escalated quickly. I was trying to find an inexpensive most 150 to optical adapter but couldn't find one. I guess i don't understand the requirements of most interface. Just send the light through the cable already. My dsp gladly takes toslink.

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh my bad - my tone wasn't meant to be read harshly or against anyone if thats how it reads. I've had the Zen and other pieces of gear for a couple weeks as I'm figuring out how to get this whole thing set up before I take the car apart. And ya it's unfortunate how much $$ it was but I was able to sell some of the other integration gear from my last car to reinvest.

I was originally going to recode so I could pull the audio signal from the glovebox but no one really confirmed with an oscope if it was truly flat signal. I didn't feel like being the one to test it, and I don't want to go back and forth coding too much and break something else.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
No ill tone taken. I was joking how you posted a couple days ago to get a wiring diagram then pow! zen tv interface. I can confirm on the mib 2 non nav, non fender speaker wire outs are not flat nor do the frequencies increase linearly. I just hooked up the audiocontrol dm810 that has input and output rta. The 400 to 1k range was spiked up while the sub for the most part was low. My max volume is 15/30 with the bass turned down 1 to avoid clipping 35 and 45 hz. I was hoping the rear speakers off the mib would be usable but the dm810 causes an audible delay to do its job. Like .25 or .5sec.

I was hoping to find a cheap most to toslink wire and code mine to use the most for better s/n ratio. Im sure the zen is a great piece of equipment, but I'm already too deep to jump into that. Saving my strength for an s3 or a3 is38. Then 3 way active up front. I think there's a spot for a 3.5 in the door.