GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What could have caused this damage?? Its a brand new car...

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I use a MF waffle towel to blot dry my cars after using a Metro blower. One can get a hold of one for ~$70 if you shop around.

https://metrovac.com/collections/mo...r-and-motorcycle-dryer?variant=18877238214729

+1 for the Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster. Its small but powerful enough to blow pretty much all the water off a car - especially if the car’s wearing a good layer of wax protection, leaving only a few droplets to blot dry with a good quality drying towel

The Metro Vac is particularly good at getting rid of water from those annoying water traps - e.g. along window rubbers, around door handles, intricate grilles, door mirror housings. No more dripping from these water traps after drying the car.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
An animal didn't do that to the rubber. Are you sure the carwash didn't malfunction? Did you check your car as soon as you pulled out of the carwash?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I suggest while car is wet and you are getting ready to dry that you also use P&S Bead Maker.
Used a good drying towel. Spray a panel with BM then dry panel. After goes over this panel with a dry micro fiber, lightly wipe to shine.
BM adds slip so wipes easy. You can also use a dryer to help but still go over with dry micro fiber.
Bead Maker will add a great feel and shine. In the next 24 hours it will even get better. Will last a good while, month or two.
I have used since finding. Great over a waxed car to maintain or over ceramic. Even good as the only thing you add.
Works well after washing house windows and even cleaning cell phone screens. Leaves a smooth feel when searching on phone.

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Pr...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583520390067813&psc=1

_cruster

Ready to race!
I use a chamois "the absorber" to dry my car. I probably need a new one since Ive had mine since 2005.

I don't know this particular product, but most detailers would warn you away from using a chamois or chamois-type product. While they absorb water, they are also flat, with nowhere for dirt to go - so if there's dirt on the surface of your car when you dry, you're just rubbing it around and creating microscratches. Same is true of water blade type products. Waffle weave towels or thick-nap microfiber cloths are usually advised because they have have pockets for the dirt to sit in rather than being pressed against the surface.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I don't know this particular product, but most detailers would warn you away from using a chamois or chamois-type product. While they absorb water, they are also flat, with nowhere for dirt to go - so if there's dirt on the surface of your car when you dry, you're just rubbing it around and creating microscratches. Same is true of water blade type products. Waffle weave towels or thick-nap microfiber cloths are usually advised because they have have pockets for the dirt to sit in rather than being pressed against the surface.
^This.

I use my Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster warm air dryer and a supply of double thickness microfibre drying towels for drying my car. Although micro-scratches and swirls will happen eventually however careful you are when washing and drying your car, a safe washing and drying technique will minimise the risk of them happening and help keep the paintwork scratch and swirl free for considerably longer.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
The absorber swirled the hell out of my car. Need to start using the leaf blower and 30 towel method. God do I hate black paint.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Leaf blower might be too strong. Try the Metro blower and MF waffle. I only use one drying towel after a wash. Blot dry is key (do not drag the towel unless you have sufficient lubricity using products like wax as you dry product.. actually better to blot dry first, then follow up with wax as you dry product using a plush MF towel).

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Leaf blower might be too strong.
I use a Stihl BG86 leaf blower, works great, although, I did melt one of my gloves on the exhaust once! ?
before blowing I rinse the whole car with clean rainwater which results in no water marks being left behind at all, and very often no towel drying needed either!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I suggest while car is wet and you are getting ready to dry that you also use P&S Bead Maker.
Used a good drying towel. Spray a panel with BM then dry panel. After goes over this panel with a dry micro fiber, lightly wipe to shine.
BM adds slip so wipes easy. You can also use a dryer to help but still go over with dry micro fiber.
Bead Maker will add a great feel and shine. In the next 24 hours it will even get better. Will last a good while, month or two.
I have used since finding. Great over a waxed car to maintain or over ceramic. Even good as the only thing you add.
Works well after washing house windows and even cleaning cell phone screens. Leaves a smooth feel when searching on phone.

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Pr...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583520390067813&psc=1

The new Turtlewax Hybrid line - works very nicely as well.
They have a Wet Wax, which you spray on a panel before toweling it off.
I really like the results on my car.

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Finally had time to wash my car by hand, clay, then wax.

The hood looks terrible in the corner but you cant feel any of the scratches. I may use some polish to see if that takes them out and then rewax that corner after. The scratches on the A-pillar are pretty deep. So I might end up fixing those with DR.ColorChip. - I also have a few rock chips from my highway driving / trip to Atlanta last week. So filling those all in would be nice. I was surprised at how dirty the paint was on the car, the amount of industrial fall out that was on it already and all the glue on the wheel spokes and panel gaps from what I assume was the protective film on the car. What.A.Pain.In.The.Ass. Totally worth it though! I cant get enough of this paint color.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Finally had time to wash my car by hand, clay, then wax.

The hood looks terrible in the corner but you cant feel any of the scratches. I may use some polish to see if that takes them out and then rewax that corner after. The scratches on the A-pillar are pretty deep. So I might end up fixing those with DR.ColorChip. - I also have a few rock chips from my highway driving / trip to Atlanta last week. So filling those all in would be nice. I was surprised at how dirty the paint was on the car, the amount of industrial fall out that was on it already and all the glue on the wheel spokes and panel gaps from what I assume was the protective film on the car. What.A.Pain.In.The.Ass. Totally worth it though! I cant get enough of this paint color.

Car looks great man love that color almost as much as Tornado Red! ;)