GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

_cruster

Ready to race!
Probably not going to get a lot with 91 and a stock downpipe. Probably about 17 psi peak target from 4,500-5,000. Work your way up to that in half psi increments and then taper down the same. Set boost safety to 20. FOL to 60 to start

Thanks - I apologize, it's 92, don't know where my head was. Premium in WA state is 92.

_cruster

Ready to race!
The bluetooth module makes the JB4 WAY more useful.

Oof - yeah, having a USB extension cable hanging off my car for the drive to work this morning probably looked awesome.

I grabbed a few logs - I sent these to George as well but I thought I'd share here too to see if anyone had any advice.

Map 0 and map 2 logs:

https://datazap.me/u/cruster/map-0-and-map-2-22620?log=0&data=1-4
2016 Sportwagen, slushbox (AT), IS20, APR turbo inlet, running 92 octane (always).

Thanks in advance!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Oof - yeah, having a USB extension cable hanging off my car for the drive to work this morning probably looked awesome.

I grabbed a few logs - I sent these to George as well but I thought I'd share here too to see if anyone had any advice.

Map 0 and map 2 logs:

https://datazap.me/u/cruster/map-0-and-map-2-22620?log=0&data=1-4
2016 Sportwagen, slushbox (AT), IS20, APR turbo inlet, running 92 octane (always).

Thanks in advance!

You need to do a full throttle pull from 2500 to about 6000 at least for us to get a good picture.

_cruster

Ready to race!
You need to do a full throttle pull from 2500 to about 6000 at least for us to get a good picture.

Ha - yep, George just responded with the same. Apparently my boring-ass commute to work isn't a good marker. I'll rip it up this evening and post another log.

I appreciate you looking.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm not even attempting to read that. Haha. Shut off the auto logging. Manually start it and stop it. Start below 3,000, 2,500 if possible, in third gear. Go all the way to 6,000+ and shift into fourth. Stay in it for a few seconds if you can. That log will tell everything we need to see

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm not even attempting to read that. Haha. Shut off the auto logging. Manually start it and stop it. Start below 3,000, 2,500 if possible, in third gear. Go all the way to 6,000+ and shift into fourth. Stay in it for a few seconds if you can. That log will tell everything we need to see

At least he datazapped. Haha

_cruster

Ready to race!
Sorry - data overload. I kept it running on my whole commute, thinking more is better. I swear I'm gonna get this, folks.
Sounds like I need to get it in third and keep it in third and grab that. AT but I think I can pull it off.
I'll try to grab a more reasonable, non-"War and Peace"-length log today.

Slick99

Ready to race!
anyone updated the JB4 firmware, i didnt like the logging part as it doesnt show any log date and maps.