GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BRÄTS GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Regarding underhood temps...it was discovered years ago by Modshack that removing the weatherstripping by the wipers drops the temps quite a bit. I cut off a small piece at either end and used them to hold the cowl. Both my cars are in the 170k mile range and no hood paint issues.
Also the R8 coils I bought 6 or 7 years ago are still going strong. I moved them from the MKV to the MK6. In the meantime, my friend replaced no less than 3 of the stock coils.
Do you have a link to the aliexpress gold you bought?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Your engine bay is spotless! ?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Love the gold....I’m only a 2.5er....didn’t come with a hoodliner. My girl howls like chewbacca with a Gatling gun....zero paint or heat issues evident

Totally going gold.....who knows when you have to signal aircraft or cargo ships..

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Man I’d love to have 33k miles lol. I do love some chicken tenders tho!!!

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Love the gold....I’m only a 2.5er....didn’t come with a hoodliner. My girl howls like chewbacca with a Gatling gun....zero paint or heat issues evident

Totally going gold.....who knows when you have to signal aircraft or cargo ships..

Aint nothing wrong with a 2.5!

Hard to say for sure since I don't have any before data. The temp here has been anywhere from 30-75* lately. The few times I checked the hood it was never over 105* and that was above the exhaust. A lot of people saying they're running with nothing... But my paint is clean and I spent a lot of time making it that way. I got this stuff from Aliexpress. The ad said it was reflect a gold and astronomically cheaper than DEI products sold in the US. Is it the same thing? Not sure.. But it's on there and seems to be holding up well. I have an unopened package thats 1x1.2 Meters.. I used an xl pizza box to make the templates. If you're interested shoot me a message, will hook it up for $$

Eh whatever. Sounds good to me

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks real good. How you keep such low mileage?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I hope everyone is having a nice and safe Labor Day. We worked on cleaning and reorganizing the shed most of the day yesterday and will be finishing that a bit later. We are going to leave the loft for another day, though.
Took the long way to the grocery yesterday and saw some nice cars downtown on the river, including a very nice Ferrari.