GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Yes man, simple too.
Did you just buy some 3m wrap?
I was thinking about painting my brace , but I think wrapping it might be better

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Finally made it!! Damn the trans is a bitch to get off.

19DB43DA-99A1-4BD1-813C-97CA7E524C18.jpeg

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Wait until you need to put it back in!

I’m just pretending I don’t need to do that at the moment ?. It’s best to just man handle it out so I’ll probably just do that to put it back in. If it takes more then an hour the subframe is coming off tho.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I’m just pretending I don’t need to do that at the moment ?. It’s best to just man handle it out so I’ll probably just do that to put it back in. If it takes more then an hour the subframe is coming off tho.
Serious talk for a moment. Get a friend, or at a minimum a wife or gf, to help when you're putting it back in. You don't want to be under the transmission when you need that third hand trying to get it back in.

torga

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Is that only trans off? Or clutch installed, waiting to put trans back on?

Only trans off. I got everything off after that and made it to the RMS but hit a road block when I was not able to find something of the correct diameter to press the RMS into the iABED flange. I pressed it in with a plate that I found but it’s not in far enough. About to run to the hardware store to find something in a bit.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Only trans off. I got everything off after that and made it to the RMS but hit a road block when I was not able to find something of the correct diameter to press the RMS into the iABED flange. I pressed it in with a plate that I found but it’s not in far enough. About to run to the hardware store to find something in a bit.
Lol. I told you this was going to be an issue! Haha

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Lol. I told you this was going to be an issue! Haha

Yes you did lol. I figured with all the junk I have there had to be something that would fit. It should come pressed in already!!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Lower the engine 3-4 inches or so....it'll go right around the subframe. Thank me later

zrickety

The Fixer
Yeah I just tapped that seal in, you go around the edge tappity tap tap. No problem. The Harbor Freight trans jack is worth it's weight in gold...makes this an easy 1 man job.
I got my Hitachi MAF sensor today, boxed up nice. Thought they were Japanese but the box says Germany. And made in Great Britain. Lol