GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on Wheel

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
I think they look good!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Never heard of the brand but they look great!!

zrickety

The Fixer
21 lbs for a 17" is a little heavy...they also look like an oem wheel, the Watkins Glen. If you're trying to save money, Motegi Traklite looks good to me, 4.5 lbs lighter per wheel. Really makes the car faster.

ben_m

Ready to race!
21 lbs for a 17" is a little heavy...they also look like an oem wheel, the Watkins Glen. If you're trying to save money, Motegi Traklite looks good to me, 4.5 lbs lighter per wheel. Really makes the car faster.

Totally understand. I know the stock Detroits were like 25lbs so its still a weight saving. Also, living in the North East leads me to less than ideal roads, I've bent numerous rims and ruined plenty of tires. I want something with a little meat on it to help protect me.

Thanks everyone else for the feedback, I think its the set I'm gonna go with.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Totally understand. I know the stock Detroits were like 25lbs so its still a weight saving. Also, living in the North East leads me to less than ideal roads, I've bent numerous rims and ruined plenty of tires. I want something with a little meat on it to help protect me.

Thanks everyone else for the feedback, I think its the set I'm gonna go with.
Be sure to post pics of your new wheels!

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
I kinda like the others, but if you're going for weight loss, you like em and the budget allows, go with what will make you happier. Wheel selection is tough.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

I like both but the first one looks similar to the stock wheels imo.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
APR just launched new sizes and the 18.5 wheels are reasonably priced and light.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yea I prefer the look of the other ones but those are nice too.

The wheels I have aren’t my favorite but I got them cheap used and they are light. Depends what is most important. Wheels are a hard decision!!

ben_m

Ready to race!
IMG_5839.JPG

TADAAAAAA! Ended up going with the TFR's mounted on Advan Sport All-Seasons (about $100 cheaper and slightly lighter) Yes car is filthy hopefully I can wash this weekend. Only drove about 1 mile, steering feels about the same but I was on narrow winters before. Ride feels a little bouncy but I think TireRack inflates them to about 37psi, usually I go at 33-34