GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Damn... It's gonna be like 24 psi at 6500 when it's hot out. Still stock ic???

I still don't understand this... I've been on old software until very recently, but for me it's always been cold to medium temperature have constant boost, then in hot temperature the boost drops at least a few psi.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I still don't understand this... I've been on old software until very recently, but for me it's always been cold to medium temperature have constant boost, then in hot temperature the boost drops at least a few psi.

That's so backwards! Your original APR tune was really wacky for APR. It was richer than any APR tune I've seen, it also ran an unusual for APR timing ramp.

My tune which was doing 25 PSI in the summer is only doing 22-23 PSI right now in the cold NY weather.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
It was a super early tune, I got it September 2015. Everything's changed by now. I kinda liked it though, it helped me set my 1/4 mile IS20 trap speed record despite headwind :p. But considering I'm making ~25psi now in about freezing temperatures, the boost when it gets worm is going to be extreme assuming it doesn't stay the same...

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It was a super early tune, I got it September 2015. Everything's changed by now. I kinda liked it though, it helped me set my 1/4 mile IS20 trap speed record despite headwind :p. But considering I'm making ~25psi now in about freezing temperatures, the boost when it gets worm is going to be extreme assuming it doesn't stay the same...

My APR tune ran about 25 PSI when cold and 27 psi when hot. =) I'm using my JB4 to kick me back up to 25 psi when I want that extra power. =)

Last edited:

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there a way that a jb4 can give a epc / engine light? I had the engine light come on and I just took the jb4 off and it doesn’t seem to be coming back on. I scanned it and it said it was a turbo boost module or maybe a boost controller I can’t remember

gio18

Here are a bunch that someone put together. I would say with 92, start with one of the lower boost target ones and log. Also log a map 0 first for baseline timing

For these adjustments, what FOL value do you recommend I use for 91 octane?

Is it necessary to activate the 6-cyl timing logging option?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
So I got the bug and decided it was time to take my jb4 to the next level. I've was on older FW, 4.7 or something like that and using 93 on map1 without the AFR wire. Didn't feel the need for newer FW with this vanilla setting.

I connected the afr wire, updated the FW to current and switched it to map 3 since I have a DSG.

:)(y):D:love:Deceptively fast because it's so smooth but it winds noticeably quickly. Pulls strong from low RPM in 3rd so I think I'm good. I don't plan on running a log but we'll see what happens in summer heat with the family in the car. Right now it's all plusses.

Slick99

Ready to race!
after getting beta update firmware, i felt super smooth but its not quick as before. Also did few dragy run n my 0-60mph is noticeably slower than before.

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody else update to the new firmware?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
after getting beta update firmware, i felt super smooth but its not quick as before. Also did few dragy run n my 0-60mph is noticeably slower than before.
The firmware doesn't work as well. Honestly, none of the firmwares past 7 have worked well. Then 7 I had seperate issues with. Whenever I would shit off the car for a few minutes and then restart, the jb4 would stop working. I would have to shut it off for like 15-20 minutes to get it to work again. 6B has worked best for me. I even sent George back to back logs of 7 and 8 to show that 8 wasn't coming close to hitting target. The newest firmware is just as bad. At 6,500 it was hitting 10.8 psi with a target of 18. On firmware 6B it was hitting 15 psi on a target of 17.5. Most of the stuff innthe newer firmwares are targeted to stacked cars anyway. 6B is the best for a straight jb4 car

Slick99

Ready to race!
The firmware doesn't work as well. Honestly, none of the firmwares past 7 have worked well. Then 7 I had seperate issues with. Whenever I would shit off the car for a few minutes and then restart, the jb4 would stop working. I would have to shut it off for like 15-20 minutes to get it to work again. 6B has worked best for me. I even sent George back to back logs of 7 and 8 to show that 8 wasn't coming close to hitting target. The newest firmware is just as bad. At 6,500 it was hitting 10.8 psi with a target of 18. On firmware 6B it was hitting 15 psi on a target of 17.5. Most of the stuff innthe newer firmwares are targeted to stacked cars anyway. 6B is the best for a straight jb4 car

i saw the logs and the highest boost i was hitting 12-13psi max on lower rpm and on higher rpm it get to 10-11psi, this was on map1 and i tried map4 same thing it didnt went above 13psi at all. Which firmware is 6b?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
i saw the logs and the highest boost i was hitting 12-13psi max on lower rpm and on higher rpm it get to 10-11psi, this was on map1 and i tried map4 same thing it didnt went above 13psi at all. Which firmware is 6b?
It's an older one. I just happened to have a bunch stored on my device. I can email it to you if you want. Juat message me with your email

_cruster

Ready to race!
Apologies - I've searched but can't find anything definitive. I've got a '16 Sportwagen, AT. I had an IS20 installed yesterday. Only other mod is an AP turbo inlet - stock DP, stock IC. I only run 91. What's a good starting point in map 6? Thanks in advance.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Apologies - I've searched but can't find anything definitive. I've got a '16 Sportwagen, AT. I had an IS20 installed yesterday. Only other mod is an AP turbo inlet - stock DP, stock IC. I only run 91. What's a good starting point in map 6? Thanks in advance.
Log map1 to start

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Probably not going to get a lot with 91 and a stock downpipe. Probably about 17 psi peak target from 4,500-5,000. Work your way up to that in half psi increments and then taper down the same. Set boost safety to 20. FOL to 60 to start