GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Chat Thread

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Just a heads up for any folks interested, Paul@PG Performance called me and let me know that they have a set of Euro folding mirrors with BSM in stock that someone put a deposit on and never came back for. They are for sale at a discounted price ,if anyone is interested give the guys at PG a call.

I've always thought NA cars didn't have the motor that allowed for the folding or reverse dip. Or are the motors actually in the mirror enclosures themselves?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I've always thought NA cars didn't have the motor that allowed for the folding or reverse dip.

Motor is in the mirror you replace the whole assembly. I called them and they said 650 CAD all in. Not much cheaper than DAP or something it'd be faster and no additional taxes' but don't have the means to invest in that rn. Others should jump on it!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Motor is in the mirror you replace the whole assembly. I called them and they said 650 CAD all in. Not much cheaper than DAP or something it'd be faster and no additional taxes' but don't have the means to invest in that rn. Others should jump on it!

Dammit! I just called Darryl and put a deposit for HPA's OEM+ turbo. I suppose new and improved IS38 > motorized mirrors LOL

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Dammit! I just called Darryl and put a deposit for HPA's OEM+ turbo. I suppose new and improved IS38 > motorized mirrors LOL
Haha yea I'm putting money into a valved exhaust, steeringwheel, plugs,E-tune, and front splitter so not much room to add pricey mirrors into there

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Nice! I have their Hybrid IS38 and it is quite a special experience. The IS38s really shine at high RPM and put a big smile on faces

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Nice! I have their Hybrid IS38 and it is quite a special experience. The IS38s really shine at high RPM and put a big smile on faces

Thanks! We've posted in a thread about Darryl and HPA before. The IS38 450 was overkill for me and I really just wanted to not have to worry about popping a turbo - even with just a JB1, I'm scared it'll go at any time, so the OEM+ is perfect!

Darryl added their HPA intercooler in my quote in case I decide to pull the trigger during turbo install day, Anthony at least put one aside.

Now we wait for their new dogbone supplier.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Thanks! We've posted in a thread about Darryl and HPA before. The IS38 450 was overkill for me and I really just wanted to not have to worry about popping a turbo - even with just a JB1, I'm scared it'll go at any time The OEM+ is perfect!

Darryl added their HPA intercooler in my quote in case I decide to pull the trigger during turbo install day, Anthony at least put one aside.

Now we wait for their new dogbone supplier.

I would consider the intercooler mandatory even if you don't track the car. I know it's a bunch of extra money but when the summer months hit your car will heat soak pretty quick.

I gotta follow up with them about a potential 500HP setup someday ;) Planning on getting super sticky tires for the track and may finally hold down all the torque the hybrid puts out.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I would consider the intercooler mandatory even if you don't track the car. I know it's a bunch of extra money but when the summer months hit your car will heat soak pretty quick.

I gotta follow up with them about a potential 500HP setup someday ;) Planning on getting super sticky tires for the track and may finally hold down all the torque the hybrid puts out.

Totally agree! My boss (wife) already approved both!

But we are planning an epic Portugal/Spain trip later this year, so we'll see. Heatsoak vs. Premium Economy? LOL

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Totally agree! My boss (wife) already approved both!

But we are planning an epic Portugal/Spain trip later this year, so we'll see. Heatsoak vs. Premium Economy? LOL
Haha serious FWP there. Looking forward to hearing your review of the OEM+ IS38!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Anybody know of a place to borrow or rent a rear caliper tool around the lower mainland?
I own a rear caliper tool and wouldn't mind helping out a fellow member.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Hey Clem, I ended up finding a caliper tool on amazon for $19 so I grabbed it. Thanks for the offer though!

Did you notice any difference going to a high flow filter? ( I believe you have the block off plate too). I’m Unitronic stage 1 on completely stock intake still and trying to decide which route to go...

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hey Clem, I ended up finding a caliper tool on amazon for $19 so I grabbed it. Thanks for the offer though!

Did you notice any difference going to a high flow filter? ( I believe you have the block off plate too). I’m Unitronic stage 1 on completely stock intake still and trying to decide which route to go...
You might notice a small difference in throttle response with the high flow filter. It’s quite subtle but it’s all yoh need for your intake