GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Depo Racing (ebay) catted downpipe review

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Ok just ordered my Depo racing downpipe. I was not gonna pay $600 for a name brand pipe that wasn’t gonna perform any better.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Mine is catted!

I also have that one. It only smells after cold start. But I always start the car in the morning before work and let it idle for a few minutes while I get my shoes and coat on, etc.

The garage is for sure a gas chamber even with the door wide open, but all seems fine after that.

I will say the amount of extra nvh from swapping pipes was surprising. It's really more the V than the n or h.

I guess I didn't consider how the huge extra mass and construction of the stock pipe would absorb that. I've gotten used to it. I've checked and nothing is loose or mismounted. I guess that's just how it is.

I dunno if it's worth it to buy a different / expensive pipe to reduce those effects. Not sure which ones would be contenders?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I also have that one. It only smells after cold start. But I always start the car in the morning before work and let it idle for a few minutes while I get my shoes and coat on, etc.

The garage is for sure a gas chamber even with the door wide open, but all seems fine after that.

I will say the amount of extra nvh from swapping pipes was surprising. It's really more the V than the n or h.

I guess I didn't consider how the huge extra mass and construction of the stock pipe would absorb that. I've gotten used to it. I've checked and nothing is loose or mismounted. I guess that's just how it is.

I dunno if it's worth it to buy a different / expensive pipe to reduce those effects. Not sure which ones would be contenders?
The flex pipe aids in that vibration mitigation...remember how much flex you got with the factory one when removing, now consider how little flex you get out of the 3” section on most downpipes.
another reason why I like the IE design.

but then again NVH seems pretty subjective per user.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Now patiently waiting on the Downpipe ?

Attachments

• 1F2ACC9E-3A07-4100-96C6-57D3450C4BAD.jpeg
    1F2ACC9E-3A07-4100-96C6-57D3450C4BAD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 145

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I am just tickled with this Downpipe so easy to install everything fit correctly no modding or adjust anything I used the vibrant spacer from amazon with the medium size fitting. Just overall I’m extremely please I took the magnet to the pipe and the only thing the magnet stuck too was the welds the cat itself and vbands.

Mk7.5 Gti Depo downpipe Video

Attachments

• 84C50215-3171-4754-947E-345D8E2E2CD9.jpeg
    84C50215-3171-4754-947E-345D8E2E2CD9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 191