GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strut Tower Brace -- Opinions, Reviews?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I have the Ecode unit (f+r) and they're very well built. Haven't had a chance to install the front yet (I'm going to install the Eurosport Camber kit at same time) but the machining is great and the rear installed super fast.

I do think the adjustability of the eurocode will make a difference, as you preload the bar to improve rigidity and compensate for any dimensional tolerance in the chassis. It also allows you a little more freedom to get free camber by biasing shock mount holes. The full top collar will also be a lot more stable than the partial collar of the one you linked.

I wonder if paying double for the eurocode brace is worth it. Plus I already have free camber since I'm lowered. :)

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I remember I had to jack up the front end of my previous cars to get the strut bar onto the upper shock bolts. If not...I was not able to line up the holes on the end of the bar. I have a dead 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara that came stock with a STB. I removed it to install some new spark plugs and could not get the bar back on without taking the weight off both front wheels.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I wonder if paying double for the eurocode brace is worth it.
Yes! It's a quality piece, made in the USA, and is backed by excellent customer service.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I wonder if paying double for the eurocode brace is worth it. Plus I already have free camber since I'm lowered. :)

The "free camber" just means you're deeper in the camber curve... Which isn't necessarily a good thing! Decreasing dynamic camber (more negative) is good for handling, but as soon as the LCA is horizontal you get increasing camber (more positive). So... Not so free :)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yes! It's a quality piece, made in the USA, and is backed by excellent customer service.

It's just a tube :)
After buying a Remington made Marlin and having to ship it back three times because the quality was crap, I am very skeptical of the "made in USA" tag. And I don't anticipate needing customer service for this brace -- it's juts a brace. Sorry, I don't want to come off as a dick, just thinking out loud.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
It's just a tube :)
After buying a Remington made Marlin and having to ship it back three times because the quality was crap, I am very skeptical of the "made in USA" tag. And I don't anticipate needing customer service for this brace -- it's juts a brace. Sorry, I don't want to come off as a dick, just thinking out loud.
The other brand has a pretensioner/ turnbuckle, and a tube.