GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Greets from Florida! Took a pic of it (actually yesterday) It was overcast and 71 but at least the car was clean. Its rained all day today.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Thank you Apikol, Motorsports hardware, 4wheel online.

20200121_000130.jpg
20200121_092305.jpg

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Window tint, done at 600 miles. Went with a 26% ceramic tint.

234C9710-FFC4-4F76-9F5C-469F6C203BE8.jpeg

D1FDBC3E-7177-43F5-A70B-F0AF1BC28920.jpeg

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I hope you then jacked the car up, removed the wheel & then swapped the x-hose & bleeder valves top to bottom...
Nope I bled caliper inverted with a spacer and speed bleeders. Crossover tube is in on the small piston side and after reading many flame wars I decided that I'd rather have the same bite and function as Porsche designed the caliper. It's very easy to remove from the bracket and invert it to bleed.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Topped off my coolant that had been slowly disappearing over the past 2 years. It was below the min line. Curiously there are no signs of a leak. I kind of wish it would leak in the next 12k mile while still under warranty

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Nope I bled caliper inverted with a spacer and speed bleeders. Crossover tube is in on the small piston side and after reading many flame wars I decided that I'd rather have the same bite and function as Porsche designed the caliper. It's very easy to remove from the bracket and invert it to bleed.

You don't understand basics.....air rises to the top ..same in heating systems...you put the bleed valves at the highest points.....your cross over tubes will now store air...& your brake pedal will feel worse over time...

That Porsche caliper when used in its OEM postion..where is the bleed valve??….TOP...

Flame wars on forums etc are usually started by people who "think" they know stuff...but 9 times out of 10 they know jack shit...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Topped off my coolant that had been slowly disappearing over the past 2 years. It was below the min line. Curiously there are no signs of a leak. I kind of wish it would leak in the next 12k mile while still under warranty

Probably it's the thermostat housing. Mine was leaking and there was no signs of a coolant leak like coolant on the ground because it's a very slow leak and burns off before it hits the ground. If your coolant is slowly disappearing as you said you have a leak period. And likely it's the thermostat housing.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
You don't understand basics.....air rises to the top ..same in heating systems...you put the bleed valves at the highest points.....your cross over tubes will now store air...& your brake pedal will feel worse over time...

That Porsche caliper when used in its OEM postion..where is the bleed valve??….TOP...

Flame wars on forums etc are usually started by people who "think" they know stuff...but 9 times out of 10 they know jack shit...
Alright, I'll bite... I'm not familiar with this design, but how is removing it and putting it bleeder valve up not accomplishing the exact same thing? It puts the bleeder at the high point, no?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
At first I thought that was a Jump To Conclusions mat.