GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can JB4 used for 2018 GTI work for 2018 Golf R?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Thanks, yet the Burger website shows different units for the two engines. Am I missing something?

Same unit. I think they stated in the past that they have the different vehicle options because they like to track which platform the units are being ordered for.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Can my JB4 used for 2018 GTI work for 2018 Golf R?

As others said, yes. But also, it can work on an Alltrack too!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Probably all it takes is the same connector style and car wiring. They all work the same, by interrupting the signals to the ECU and changing the voltage to make the ECU think the requested boost pressure has not been reached yet. Before all this electronic stuff we just tapped into the hose to the wastegate with a t-fitting and used a screw valve to bleed off some of the pressure so the turbo needed to work harder to provide the same pressure to the wastegate. Of course, if you didn't have enough fueling there were no safeguards if you bled off too much and leaned out the engine until it rattled.

NY01

Passed Driver's Ed
The Fed, I'm an old dog and totally forgot how I used to do that t-fitting in my 1985 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo hatchback. Good times! Thanks for the memory.