GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Stage 2 is awesome!! I enjoyed my first few good pulls and then my clutch started to slip lol. I’m taking it easy now until I get a new clutch. The added auditory benefit of the dp is great too

I would probably flash before you go so that way you are ready. Did you get a j spacer as well for your o2 sensor?

Do you have the stock catback paired with it?

Yeah the spacer was included with the downpipe

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Do you have the stock catback paired with it?

Yeah the spacer was included with the downpipe

Stock catback with a resonator delete. I was surprised at how much louder it got but I like it. Eventually I will go with an aftermarket catback I think if a used one comes up for sale that I like. First is a clutch though and I really want to get it lowered on some coilovers.

Wagons don't sell in the states so I don't see it happening.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Switched to LiquiMoly Molygen for the first time. Such a mindfuck throwing in green oil. Doubt I’ll notice any difference over the Leichtlauf that was previous in.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Switched to LiquiMoly Molygen for the first time. Such a mindfuck throwing in green oil. Doubt I’ll notice any difference over the Leichtlauf that was previous in.

This guy I used to work with hated royal purple. He told everyone how it made the inside of your engine purple lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
im running this on my tiguan's 2.0T right now. will report back in 2500 miles when i change oil. nothing novel was noted after oil change, but does not seem to be burning off thus far compared to what i ran before (castrol edge)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
This guy I used to work with hated royal purple. He told everyone how it made the inside of your engine purple lol

lol it is suppose to have great cleaning properties. I just tried it for the first time in my Honda Pilot this last oil change. Not the super synthetic stuff just the stuff they sell at Wally World. No complaints so far.

torga

Autocross Champion
Why the switch?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Took advantage of the nice weather to do some work on my car since the clunking got worse and there was a high pitched squeaking coming from the front. I found out that the clunking was coming from the drivers side swaybar bracket bolts backing out. Also fixed the turbo outlet pipe so I can actually floor it again without fucking up my fuel trims and losing 5lbs of boost. Pics below
Turbo outlet before:

Turbo outlet after:

Swaybar bracket bolts before (both were not even finger tight):

Swaybar bracket bolts after:

Swaybar Bracket before:

Swaybar Bracket after:

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Why the switch?
I had to spend $50 to get free shipping either way, so I gave it a shot.

The friction modifier in it intrigues me. I’ve heard good things about CeraTec but wasn’t spending extra for it this time around.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Finally washed it after a few months, lol
didn't get to reapply sleek and shine , since I was running out of daylight.
Roof still beads nicely

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_172551~2.jpg
    IMG_20200112_172551~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200112_172618~2.jpg
    IMG_20200112_172618~2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20200112_171514.jpg
    IMG_20200112_171514.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 125

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Finished my retrofit of the depo headlights, I used the morimoto EvoX-r 2.0 projectors with D2s bulbs. This projector was a perfect fit and bolted right up to the original bracket, no modifications needed. I also used a satin black paint and taped of the chrome rings to look like the blacked out golf r headlights. The light output on these projectors is miles better than the original depo ones. This was well worth the work involved.
IMG_4858.jpeg
IMG_4886.jpeg

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Finished my retrofit of the depo headlights, I used the morimoto EvoX-r 2.0 projectors with D2s bulbs. This projector was a perfect fit and bolted right up to the original bracket, no modifications needed. I also used a satin black paint and taped of the chrome rings to look like the blacked out golf r headlights. The light output on these projectors is miles better than the original depo ones. This was well worth the work involved.
View attachment 163040View attachment 163041
Looks fantastic, really great work! I'd love to open up my OEM xenons to replace the lenses and do the same paint job you did but the permaseal is scaring me.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Looks fantastic, really great work! I'd love to open up my OEM xenons to replace the lenses and do the same paint job you did but the permaseal is scaring me.

I’d be hesitant to open up the OEMs also, these ones pulled right apart after sitting in the oven at 215 degrees for 15 minutes. When I was looking up YouTube videos I did see videos on opening up permaseal headlights, they even said it takes a lot more time

uglybastard

Autocross Champion