GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cblock406's 2019 Silver White GTI

cblock406

Ready to race!
Hello Everyone,

My name is Christian. I've always been into cars and I wanted to pick up something fun for my wife to daily. We sold her Acura TL and picked up a new 2019 GTI S DSG a few weeks ago. I would have loved to pick up a Rabbit as I wanted cloth seats and no sunroof, but was too late by the time we got serious about buying. Anyway, love the car so far and was very happy to find this forum.

This won't be a build or anything but I would like a place to document my ownership, and I plan to do some mods. Up to this point:

-Weathertech floor mats and trunk mat
-DSG paddles
-35% window tinting
-Craven speed tow hook plate holder
-Rally Armor mud flaps
-Mk7 hood insulation

And, of course, here are a few obligatory pictures:

This is the long term project car:

Last edited:

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
very nice rides you have there good sir. good on you for bucking the trend of being slammed on rotiforms w/ bacon fenders. would love to own late 90's 4runner myself.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Welcome! I have been following your E36 build for a couple of years now, but sold my Laguna green 325i this past summer to a family friend. Excited to see your plans for this thing. Also I'm local (Renton), so I hope to see you around.

cblock406

Ready to race!
very nice rides you have there good sir. good on you for bucking the trend of being slammed on rotiforms w/ bacon fenders. would love to own late 90's 4runner myself.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Welcome! I have been following your E36 build for a couple of years now, but sold my Laguna green 325i this past summer to a family friend. Excited to see your plans for this thing. Also I'm local (Renton), so I hope to see you around.

Awesome, your user name sounds very familiar. I sold my other E36 to get into this GTI; so far it's been really fun.

cblock406

Ready to race!
Got a few things in over the last month that I got around to installing this weekend.

It bothered me that the Mk7.5 didn't come with the hood or trunk insulation. Installed the hood insulation, still waiting on the trunk liner.

Installed a set of Rally Armor mud flaps. I have to say, I am very impressed by the quality and easy of installation with these. First time using their products and I am happy I went with these over the stock ones.

[

Also coded the Scandinavian running lights.

Installed a Craven Speed tow hood license plate mount. Impressed with the quality of this as well. Side note, Osram confirmed they are releasing Mk7.5 headlights sometime in 2020. Can't wait for those to come out...sad halogens until then.

Installed a Pro Clip phone mount and iphone 11 cradle. I like this quite a bit.

Installed some LED front floor lights. A little juvenile perhaps but I like them. They change color, I think the red looks best. Also threw one of the Audi 12v plugs in.

I bought a Burger pedal box that I installed this weekend as well. Unfortunately, the power wire on one of the pins broke and it does not work. I'll report back with thoughts once I get a replacement installed.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got a few things in over the last month that I got around to installing this weekend.

It bothered me that the Mk7.5 didn't come with the hood or trunk insulation. Installed the hood insulation, still waiting on the trunk liner.

Installed a set of Rally Armor mud flaps. I have to say, I am very impressed by the quality and easy of installation with these. First time using their products and I am happy I went with these over the stock ones.

[

Also coded the Scandinavian running lights.

Installed a Craven Speed tow hood license plate mount. Impressed with the quality of this as well. Side note, Osram confirmed they are releasing Mk7.5 headlights sometime in 2020. Can't wait for those to come out...sad halogens until then.

Installed a Pro Clip phone mount and iphone 11 cradle. I like this quite a bit.

Installed some LED front floor lights. A little juvenile perhaps but I like them. They change color, I think the red looks best. Also threw one of the Audi 12v plugs in.

And lastly, I bought one of the forum stickers.

I bought a Burger pedal box that I installed this weekend as well. Unfortunately, the power wire on one of the pins broke and it does not work. I'll report back with thoughts once I get a replacement installed.

You'll like the BMS pedal tuner. I run mine on maximum and the throttle response is fantastic. I see the Cobb placard did you tune it?

cblock406

Ready to race!
You'll like the BMS pedal tuner. I run mine on maximum and the throttle response is fantastic. I see the Cobb placard did you tune it?

Good to hear. No tune, I bought the mats from Cobb because they were back ordered from Weathertech. Oddly these were cheaper by about $10 too. Cobb puts their own little placard on that says "Weathertech by Cobb" or something like that.

Great start so far, always nice seeing high quality photography to go along with build threads. :)

Thanks! High quality is debatable but I like having a reason to bust out the camera.

Great news for Osram. On the photo above your driver side DRL is out?

I feel like an idiot as I took and processed that picture, not realizing the DRL was out. Thanks for pointing that out!

edit: just checked the car and the drl is working fine, weird

Last edited:

cblock406

Ready to race!
Nice tasteful updates! looking forward to seeing more ;)

Thanks! I've gone through your entire thread, what a car and very tasteful!

I put the Berger pedal tuner in several weeks ago. It made a definite improvement in making the throttle input feel more natural, even my wife prefers it.

I just used 3m tape to stick it in the cubby.

I put in the trunk liner that was nixed on the 7.5's.

Before:

After (what looks like many beers, sorry about the blur!):

Threw in a Weathertech liner:

Last edited:

cblock406

Ready to race!
Happy new year everyone! It's been a while (long time) since I've posted here, just a few small updates.

This last July my wife was rear ended by a truck in a round-about. Ugh :mad:. At least it was superficial and it's since been fixed.

I installed Osram headlights about one year ago and they have been incredible. By far the best upgrade so far.

I put in the Helix subwoofer earlier in 2021, which is a pretty damn good upgrade to the sound system. No pictures of that.

We will see what happens in 2022, hopefully I'll have some more stuff to post about here :cool: