GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

TimFell

Ready to race!
Looks like a well-sorted bunch of upgrades to make for a potent and reliable driver! Love the plate, too! Perhaps an intercooler somewhere down the road?

Definitely, loving it so far. I think in terms of power I am very happy. I think once I go above stage 2, it may be more rough/less reliable. Any brands you recommend for the intercooler? Since I am APR tuned, probably APR? Thanks!

NateBiz

Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Hello everyone! New member here from the west burbs. Just purchased a 2017 GTI S with only 10k miles a few weeks ago and am absolutely loving it. I was a Honda/Acura guy back in the day (but secretly always had an admiration for the GTI). I then had to suffer driving a minivan for a few years while my kids were very young and we took quite a few road trips, (it definitely served it's purpose). I've finally gotten rid of that and stepping back into the joy of driving a sporty hatchback is great. Looking forward to learning and being a part of the community here. Would be interested in any meets/cruises that may come together in the spring/summer months. We've been spoiled here with the winter so far, but I think that's about to change.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Been a long time since I've been on here. Highly recommend Jay for your service needs. He did my DSG service and brake fluid flush last month.

Does any one know which Facebook page I should be a part of if I'm looking for parts or looking to sell parts?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Been a long time since I've been on here. Highly recommend Jay for your service needs. He did my DSG service and brake fluid flush last month.

Does any one know which Facebook page I should be a part of if I'm looking for parts or looking to sell parts?
Thanks for the recommendation. If you're trying to sell local and avoid shipping check the Chicago Volkswagen organization page, and windy city euros for sale page. If you don't mind shipping then the mqb page because it has such a high number of members

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the recommendation. If you're trying to sell local and avoid shipping check the Chicago Volkswagen organization page, and windy city euros for sale page. If you don't mind shipping then the mqb page because it has such a high number of members

Hey Jay.

I'm curious, do you think you guys would be able to install the TCR muffler? I know it involves cutting the OEM one off.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey Jay.

I'm curious, do you think you guys would be able to install the TCR muffler? I know it involves cutting the OEM one off.
Yeah we could do that, you find a good deal on one? If you're about to drop the $500+ they go for I'd try to hear one first. I think a normal aftermarket catback is a better bang for the buck but that's just me.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah we could do that, you find a good deal on one? If you're about to drop the $500+ they go for I'd try to hear one first. I think a normal aftermarket catback is a better bang for the buck but that's just me.

They are new for about $350. There is also a forum member currently selling one.

I used to have an AWE Track Edition exhaust on my '16 GTI, but it was a little droney at lower RPM's. I kind of like the idea of an OEM + option.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
They are new for about $350. There is also a forum member currently selling one.

I used to have an AWE Track Edition exhaust on my '16 GTI, but it was a little droney at lower RPM's. I kind of like the idea of an OEM + option.
Oh word, I thought I saw them selling for a lot more

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Winter sucks, but snow tires are awesome. Starting my search for any local 8-8.5" wide 17"s or 19" wheels near OEM offset for the summetime. If anyone has any leads post em up!

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Winter sucks, but snow tires are awesome. Starting my search for any local 8-8.5" wide 17"s or 19" wheels near OEM offset for the summetime. If anyone has any leads post em up!

Check out craigslist and facebook marketplace. I saw a couple of VW/Audi wheels on there with winter tires last week.

Ketheptis

Sounds like not using facebook is going to make me miss some deals.

Anyone know a good mechanic and/or exhaust shop in the west burbs?

Last edited:

mithiral67

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, curbed my Englishman (back right) wheel in a parking garage with some distracted driving pulling up my spothero app. So looking for a replacement Englishman. Only need one, so if anyone is selling less than 4, please shoot me a PM.

West Chicago burbs.

Thanks,
James