GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official White Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
Recently I totaled my pure white 2017 SE (don't ask) and with the insurance money I reluctantly
replaced it with a white silver metallic 2018 SE (needed a car; couldn't afford a new one).

One month later and I'm reluctant no longer!
The pure white still looks nice, I guess, but every time I hop in, the new white silver metallic
looks better and better, even to the point that I now I find pure white almost too stark or
something.

I totaled my 2015 Carbon Steel Grey. Replaced it with the White Silver Metallic because it really caught my eye in the showroom.

It has taken me awhile to get used to it, but I like it more each day. People always ask what color the car is because it changes so much in different lighting. Love it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^this. I love how on certain days it's gray, then others it's a beautiful white

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GabrielFS

Upon request to add to this thread: I was about to hunker down and wait for the MK7.5 Golf R but decided I'd rather have a GTI. So here's my week old 2018 GTI Autobahn DSG in White Silver (looks less blue IRL) with silver 17x8 Neuspeed RSe16 shod with Goodyear Eagle Sport all seasons in 245/45-17 95W. I ordered the factory center caps (VW part #: 3B7 601 171) and used OEM lug bolts and lug caps. Selling the OEM 18" Dallas wheels with tires (296 miles, pristine) if anyone in the Charlotte area is interested ($1,000 for wheels and tires). I am diggin' this car a lot. I had a MK5 GTI (2008) with DSG, and this car is a much nicer ride in every way. It's too early to tell, but it might rival my 2004 BMW 330i ZHP for favorite car honors. MSRP was $37,440, and I paid $34,000. If I'd bought an R, it would have cost $8,000 more. And this was $12,000 less than my ZHP. Not bad VW, not bad at all.

When most people go 18 and even 19” I’m curious of your choice for 17s... is performance that much better in your opinion? Will appreciate any references or comments. Thanks For sharing... just got mine, same color, thinking about shoes....

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
I just placed an order for one in this color, and I find this thread interesting. All of these pictures, and I still don't know what it looks like. :ROFLMAO:

I'll find out soon, I suppose.

There are some very good photographers around here. I suppose I can't be lazy with the camera when it shows up...

Flippy

Ready to race!
I just placed an order for one in this color, and I find this thread interesting. All of these pictures, and I still don't know what it looks like. :ROFLMAO:

I'll find out soon, I suppose.

There are some very good photographers around here. I suppose I can't be lazy with the camera when it shows up...

You've never actually seen this color in person? I think you're in for a treat. I'm likely picking one up this weekend. I really like it and I'm not a fan of silver cars. Something about it kind of reminds me of the Nardo Grey on the Audi S4, even though it's a totally different shade.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
You've never actually seen this color in person? I think you're in for a treat. I'm likely picking one up this weekend. I really like it and I'm not a fan of silver cars. Something about it kind of reminds me of the Nardo Grey on the Audi S4, even though it's a totally different shade.

Nope. Never seen it.

Nothing was really jumping out at me, so I just took a relatively safe bet. It's impossible to screw up any manner of metallic white. :ROFLMAO:

This thread has me really darn curious, though... I've no idea what I'm going to see when it shows up, but I suspect I'll like it.