GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17x8 Konig Hypergram on a Golf R

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Does anyone here use 17X8 Hypergram? Do they fit without spacers up front? If no, what size spacer are you using?

TIY

Check the lightweight wheel thread, and search it for hypergram. Not sure if anyone is running 17x8, but I can't see how it'd be an issue unless you're running R brakes or PP brakes on a GTi. If 17x8 RPF1's fit (albeit close), then I don't see how hypergrams wouldn't.

There are a few running 18x8.5 ET43 without spacers (myself included).

Also, willtheyfit.com

benmontemayor

Passed Driver's Ed
Check the lightweight wheel thread, and search it for hypergram. Not sure if anyone is running 17x8, but I can't see how it'd be an issue unless you're running R brakes or PP brakes on a GTi. If 17x8 RPF1's fit (albeit close), then I don't see how hypergrams wouldn't.

Also, willtheyfit.com

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your reply.

I found answer here.

https://youtu.be/mCle2YdgzX4

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

Also, willtheyfit.com

Since this is the R subforum and he asks about the golf r in the title, odds are he drives an R... (confirmed under his user name)

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I had to use a 5mm spacer on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1970something

Ready to race!
Thinking about putting this same setup on my 2017 PP GTI. The clearance to the brakes shown by crxgator looks very tight; do you guys run these as a DD setup? Have you had any issues with the wheel hitting the brake caliper or knocking off the wheel weights?

Thanks in advance.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thinking about putting this same setup on my 2017 PP GTI. The clearance to the brakes shown by crxgator looks very tight; do you guys run these as a DD setup? Have you had any issues with the wheel hitting the brake caliper or knocking off the wheel weights?

Thanks in advance.

Whatever wheel you decide on make sure you have new brake pads on the fronts. I got Motegi MR131 in 17" on PP brakes and they fit fine without spacers. A few months later I needed new front pads and then the caliper was hitting the wheel because they are floating calipers and pushed the caliper out further. Had to put my old brake pads back on and get spacers. Also the weights need to be mounted towards the inside of the wheel.

spizzak

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Autobahn
Hey did you ever get these installed? I'm looking at these wheels for my mk7 GTI with PP and want to figure out if they'll work and if I'll need spacers

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Hey did you ever get these installed? I'm looking at these wheels for my mk7 GTI with PP and want to figure out if they'll work and if I'll need spacers
Look 4 posts up…