GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by zwalk

1. zwalk

Low speed squeak I can’t identify

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? https://youtube.com/shorts/fDmbZIonX34?si=mgJWr5tcjVkB4CMN I found one thread talking about it being the rear brakes. I have replaced my front brakes and calipers. I did repaint the rears but not replace the pads or anything. It’s been around for...
  2. zwalk

Misfire Cylinder 2 after sitting 9 days, non-recurring

Thanks for making my day. I had bought plugs already lol.
  3. zwalk

Misfire Cylinder 2 after sitting 9 days, non-recurring

Hey guys. I have a misfire in cylinder 2 that showed up on my accessport. It was the first time I had turned the car on in 9 days. It sounded louder when I turned it on and was rougher as well, then smoothed out, I am due for a plug change on this oil change (10k) I may move the coil packs as...
  4. zwalk

Log help, fuel cut? Or something else?

Is that what the tune is requesting? I didn’t realize that was adjusted by tuning I thought this was characteristic of the car
  5. zwalk

I hate the pedal. It’s like full beans or nothing at all. Not a fan and I haven’t been as long as I’ve had the car to my knowledge a pedal tuner was the fix for that but I’m a little done throwing more money at the car for a while
  6. zwalk

It’s a custom tuned. I early adopted, bummer to see that it doesn’t look decent. I wish I was better at reading logs to be able to determine this myself. The wheels may have spun now that I think back because it was rather cold out and it did end up cutting fuel, they sent me a cold weather...
  7. zwalk

Well I didn’t read this until now. I hope my DSG isn’t slipping :( I don’t believe the wheel was spinning but I can’t remember now off the top of my head. Sorry for the late reply I’ve been busy
  8. zwalk

Anyone adept at reading logs able to see if they see a fuel cut, or anything strange in this log. https://datazap.me/u/zwalk/is38-18t-0?log=0&data=16 I was driving back from lunch with my wife and gave it the beans to make a light and got either a really hard shift or a fuel cut at high RPM...
  9. zwalk

Today's Best Mounts

I used a big flathead screwdriver and some rage
  10. zwalk

GTi Airbag cover sourcing?

I want to upgrade the steering wheel in my is38 Wagon to a GTi/R style wheel. I see a lot of wheels for sale but I would need an airbag cover to install my airbag in on that wheel. I havent been able to find one that isnt "custom" and wildly expensive.
  11. zwalk

Today's Best Mounts

I literally think "But Adam flogs his car every day on 034 mounts" every time I read shade about them. I do think there must be a difference between managing all that pounding from wheel hop as opposed to our cars
  12. zwalk

Today's Best Mounts

Yeah if I did BFI I would get insert and engine
  13. zwalk

Today's Best Mounts

I’m a baby. I want comfort. If I went BFI which I’m too poor for it would be Stage 1
  14. zwalk

Today's Best Mounts

Yeah it seems that way, I don’t hear a lot about torque solutions but it seems like they can be had around $300 for the set I’ve debated giving them a go
  15. zwalk

Today's Best Mounts

Man this thread just made me really question my “firm” decision on 034 mounts from FCP.