GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by zwalk

1. zwalk

Sound Deadening Idea--Is it bonkers?

I am having vibration issues so that's good
  2. zwalk

Sound Deadening Idea--Is it bonkers?

I'm considering doing this myself, another poster said I don't need full coverage? How does that work, just some squares centered in the wheel area in the trunk? And then under the passenger seats?
  3. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Yeah we're not really stretched. I just tend to be conservative and careful on most things and it's served us well. Cars are where I break at times 😂. I'm actually really happy with the car stock for now I might JB4 and chill for a while before I make a major change.
  4. zwalk

Battery Powered Homelink Mirror ~ Prizm

Yes that's what I was afraid of. Wanted to save the extra $150 and effort, maybe I'll just do wired
  5. zwalk

Battery Powered Homelink Mirror ~ Prizm

Hey guys, Do you know if any way to tie in the battery powered Prizm homelink mirrors so that they can not be use when the ignition is off? I want a homelink Mirror, and the Prizm seems to be a great option, but I park outside of my house as we have a home gym in the garage (we can pull in...
  6. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Yeah I have. I have the 'anal retentive' thing going on too. I like to collect a lot of information before I make decisions, but I'm aware it doesn't make the decisions any safer really. Just logical fallacy. Appreciate the insight on your repairs. Hoping after this warranty work is done I'll...
  7. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Regardless I'm never going to be like "Hey my friend I blew my is20 please replace it" ~maybe on a GTi 😂 I get your meaning though. Just don't want to throw warranty work in the garbage if it is warranty work that wouldnt be invited by modification. But I understand there's no way to know the...
  8. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Definitely not. I will never go back there. I drove out of town to get the car. I also never said anything about warrantying an aftermarket turbo. You're using a straw man argument here. Warranty work was in reference to common failures being covered such as fuel pump, water pump, thermostat as...
  9. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Cool, that's promising! Out of curiosity have you had many issues with your car? I'm so on edge with my new vehicle as they really didn't seem to inspect it much. Backwards mounted wiper, unbalanced wheels/tires, and timing cover crank pulley shit it's in for now don't leave me with a ton of...
  10. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Yeah I'm not really hoping for motor work or trans work if that happens I think that's totally reasonable. It's just stuff like fuel and water pump like I said. Think I mentioned in OP I was given a super hard time about a fuel pump when I was tuned on my GTi and it was a failure in tons of...
  11. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Maybe, there's a few guys out here who have cited warranty work from this guy despite their mods. He has a good reputation with the VW community out here and does a hell of a job on carbon cleans as well, plan to use him for that down the line
  12. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

I I also wasn't aware that the scan tool couldn't pull up a change such as the IS20
  13. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

I know there's no guarantees. Not asking for a fix just asking if anyone had done this specifically 👍 You never know sometimes you luck into something and someone has exactly the info you're looking for.
  14. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

I just had a conversation with the local dealer, their master tech said he can't see a situation where I wouldn't get warranty work covered at his dealer even if I upgrade the turbo. Promising. Also glad I didn't do anything to the car yet. Had some weird chirping from my passenger side, seems...
  15. zwalk

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

Hey all, So, I got my wagon and suddenly my feet are cold with the mods. It might be because I have belt chirping from my timing cover/crank pulley and my gas pedal vibrates a little (I actually think my tires are just shit, contis and new 18's to come). Dealer investigated, said my tires...