GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ZERO815

1. ZERO815

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Same here. Always had these cheapo de-pinning boxes. Guess what, the most used ones always broke too early. Finally I bought the Hazet one. First comment of my wife: why didn’t you buy this tool way earlier?
  2. ZERO815

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

FWIW I'm using Hazet 4672-1 2 pins 1mm x 0,5mm. Center to center about 2,4mm apart from each other.
  3. ZERO815

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Noticed some steam on certain occasions, area looked a little bit dirty. Preventive action. Observation: OE plastic looked fine, only O-Ring a little bit flat and too big for the grove.
  4. ZERO815

My mom‘s VW up! had the check engine light on. This didn’t look factory: Had to extend the wires because they were hacked up in several spots. And then I found this ashole A rat got stuck in the engine bay, and eventually passed away.
  5. ZERO815

While you have the bumper cover off check your vents for leaks.
  6. ZERO815

Skoda Superb L&K
  7. ZERO815

Retrifit fog lights - connecting the light switch

Hey Don, Unfortunately this is not legal in Germany, and you won't pass TÜV inspection. Every light that is installed needs to operate "after" the books. About 25 years ago my MK2 failed inspection because I was running used big bumpers. They came with front fogs, but I haven't had time to wire...
  8. ZERO815

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

As far as I can see on your pictures the adapter harness is wired like this: Unfortunately it won't work without modifications on a NA MK7.5: - Cavity 8 (=turn signal on ROW cars) on Outer-Left and Outer-Right is not populated on NA MK7.5s. NA MK7.5s use the brake lights as turn signals. - BCM...
  9. ZERO815

Excessive Dry Noise over Bumps

My car made similar noises. I've used WD-40 silicone spray to "soak" the rear end bushing of the lower control arm. It has been quiet for a long time now.
  10. ZERO815

Front fenders - should I replace the the foam?

Same issue here. Ran into it last year on my ‘17. Replaced it with the facelift plastic/rubber version (don’t have the part number). No need to take fender and bumper off. Take door out and inner fender. Enough room to remove, clean and reinstall. Picture was taken before new piece was...
  11. ZERO815

Plastic oil pan took a hit

Got the alltrack plate for cheap from a wrecker. Had everything laying around for weeks. During the preparing for our next trip to Italy I took the time to finally install it. 2 days later, on a snowy mountain road in the alps, all over sudden there was this huge truck wheel well ice block in...
  12. ZERO815

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

You could set "Bremslicht" in C20, but w/ Dimmwert CD20 being 0 you won't have a brake light at all most likely.
  13. ZERO815

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

VW uses "Blinken links Hellphase" (=Power ON during turn signal) and "Blinken links Dunkelphase" (=power OFF during turn signal) to get the alternating turn signal mode. Sounds like the brake light is still acting as a "turn signal", but only in power OFF mode. Please check the following line in...
  14. ZERO815

Osram headlight turn signal flickering

A couple of guys had the same issue - mainly on MK7.5 - over here in Germany. The solution for them was to change the coding of „Lasttyp 0“ and „Lasttyp1“ to „43 - allgemeine LED“. Apparently PWM and LED don’t go along well. Since VW uses PWM for the turn signals Osram tried to „solve“ it...