GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by youngkibear

1. Y

Raceseng Sphereology (Shift Knob Only) $90 shipped SOLD

Hi All, I've got a Raceseng Sphereology shift knob for sale. I bought it new in April 2019 and ran it until I replaced it with Raceseng's Stratose knob in February 2020. It's been in a box in my basement since then. The Sphereology is a great shift knob; the stainless steel is beautifully...
  2. Y

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Trying to address the severe lack of plaid in my SE's interior. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  3. Y

I could not get the Dieselgeek Sigma Six adjusted properly, and won't be able to dedicate time to figuring it out in the foreseeable future. So went on the other end of the difficulty spectrum and got a Boomba short shift kit. The install was super easy, and the shifter feels good, based on a...
  4. Y

I'm very happy with the Raceseng knob. I really liked the dimpled surface of the stock shift knob, so I was leaning towards one of the BFI knobs initially. In the end, I decided that more weight mattered more to me than tactile feel. I had also read several reviews that took issue with the...
  5. Y

Spent all day installing and attempting to adjust a Dieselgeek Sigma Six short shift kit, along with Dieselgeek shifter bushings and a Raceseng Sphereology shift knob. I just couldn't get the Sigma Six to a place where it felt right so I put the stock shift kit back in. The Raceseng knob...
  6. Y

In the past few days I've obtained and OBDeleven and used it to: Turn off the soundaktor Set up the fog lights to activate with cornering lights Set the passenger side mirror dip when in reverse The side mirror dip doesn't work as well as I'd like. It doesn't return all the way to the original...
  7. Y

New owner intro

Hi everyone, I'm a long-time reader, and finally got my first GTI (2018 GTI SE 6MT in Dark Iron Blue) about one month ago. I just passed the 1K mile break-in period the other day, so I figured it was time to post a formal intro! I waited a long time to be in a position to buy this car (getting...