GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by yakboyslim

1. yakboyslim

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

Foglight flares / diveplanes. Printed in ASA and then vapor smoothed. Really happy with the finish. It's not perfect, with some visible layer lines on overhangs, but im happy with it considering zero sanding.
  2. yakboyslim

It might just be this Inland PETG+. For me it is so sticky that it will always string, but the bigger issue is that I have to run really low accelerations (or turn off pressure advance) or I get extruder skipping on every acceleration and unretract. Only filament that gives me that problem. It...
  3. yakboyslim

Finished my airguides. Printed in PETG (I hate PETG nowadays, and will never do that again. ASA is so much easier to work with once you have an enclosure) I'm going to come up with something other than this ugly bolt and nut for this mount. The hardware I had intended (plastic push rivets) wer...
  4. yakboyslim

I think the nub part really only helps with assembly. Certainly could be wrong, but I've had these on both my cars for awhile now with no issue.
  5. yakboyslim

Review: APR SCU (DSC Controller)

I think it is a little more complex than "it is supposed to give the info to the headlights" because my car worked for a few before the headlight errors started. Just weird all around, and I really don't see DSC/APR caring to fix it fully for all cases (I'd love to be wrong about that).
  6. yakboyslim

The DSC definitely does something more than just sniff, because it somehow screws up the level sensor info getting to the headlights. Unless that data normally flows from sensor, to suspension module, then to the headlights. In which case that is just another symptom of it not talking on the bus.
  7. yakboyslim

Got two FDM printers (unheated bed, ender clones), a Orange 30 SLA printer, a laser engraver, a 3180 CNC mill and 12 kg of filament. All for $60. Giant FB marketplace deal. The Anycubic Mega Zero works fine but needs a new heater cables. I plan to keep it as a second machine for PLA/TPU. The...
  8. yakboyslim

If they fixed the level sensor error they should advertise that. Considering how they handled things when I was talking to them I genuinely doubt they did though. Still won't have three modes on most gateways though. Until it talks back on CANbus the gateway will still never request comfort.
  9. yakboyslim

That reminds me, I had a small amount of PETG left on a roll, but not enough that I would trust starting something, so I printed a couple beds worth of pedal spacers. If anyone is interested message me. Just pay shipping (envelope, should cost nothing). Plan to take them with me to any event I...
  10. yakboyslim

I think CF skinning would be the best thing I could do surface finish wise, but I just don't know when I'm going to have time to learn a completely new skill. Based on past experience with fiberglass (decade ago) and wrapping things I can safely say it is not something I am naturally good at...
  11. yakboyslim

Very little infill right now (like 20%), but 3-4 walls with a 0.6 mm nozzle. The only thing I'm worried about flexing or breaking is that middle seam, but I'm hoping I can come up with something for that.
  12. yakboyslim

Need to figure out a better way to join the top and bottom halves (the seam with a little masking tape). Either going to make a jig to hold them during glue up, or adding a third element (possibly inside the flare) to add some thickness at the interface of that seam. But all that being said, I...
  13. yakboyslim

Playing around designing a bumper flare (like the SRS-TEC one, but with diveplanes). It may have some effect, but mostly just for looks. Messing with CFD shows it probably does what I think, probably needs a channel to let some air flow out of the flare, but mostly just makes pretty flow lines...
  14. yakboyslim

After I got done scanning I realized I left the silicone coupler on my TIP, but you can see the TIP diameter down in it. Not the best scan, but the best I could do with the lighting in my garage. If need be I can try to improve it later out in the sun light...
  15. yakboyslim

Yeah, I actually need to scan that area myself I haven't done any direct verification like that, but I used it to update the mount hole locations for my foglight intake and the new one worked perfectly.