GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Wull777

1. W

Mk7 GTI high mileage - huge Oil consumption issue...

Hi - will do - I’ll check out the IC pipe at some point in the near future- in the meantime- I’ve done over 500 miles and no oil light has come on - looking at the dipstick it is down a little - maybe using 0.5 Litres per 500 miles - which I think is fairly normal for the GTI engine - much...
  2. W

Update- just done around 90 miles or so - dipstick is still showing at the top - so I’m hopeful that my oil consumption has improved- previously it used around 0,5 litres per 130 miles so I’m keeping my fingers crossed …
  3. W

I’ve changed the PCV valve - haven’t done many miles as yet but will know in 2 or 3 days whether the oil consumption is any better
  4. W

Update- I bit the bullet and decided just to go ahead and replace the PCV valve system - I’ll find out in a few days whether this has made any difference to the oil consumption
  5. W

I’ve worked out that you’re referring to to the inter cooler cold pipe - I’ll have a go at finding it
  6. W

Thanks for your suggestion- I’m showing my ignorance of the VW engine but what is the IC and where is it? - I know where the PCV valve assembly is fitted so presumably one pipe connected to this ? Cheers
  7. W

Would a normal compression test on the x4 cylinders give me worthwhile info ?
  8. W

Would a normal compression test on the x4 cylinders give me worthwhile info ?
  9. W

Oil cap seems fine - it seals pretty well and doesn’t have any leaks as far as I can tell
  10. W

I have a Golf GTI Mk7 with a just over 150K miles on the clock. It has always used a little oil (as my last Mk5 GTI did) , however recently it has become completely excessive. Over the last couple of weeks I've been adding around 0.5 Litres of 5W/30 oil around every 300 miles !! - The engine...