GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Wrath And Tears

1. Wrath And Tears

Drivers side side-igniter resistance too high

On older VW Audis the connector would go bad. Haven't heard about newer ones having the same issue. Should be a 2 wire yellow connector.
  2. Wrath And Tears

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

No need to have the filter open. If you are filling from the bottom, doing the service top down is the way to go.
  3. Wrath And Tears

I was figuring the other shop put stuff around the outside versus removing the speakers. Not sure about flextape, never used it before. I think one issue might be that if you let water get underneath the speaker, by sealing around the outside, then it gets trapped there and could start causing...
  4. Wrath And Tears

RTV, Silicone, or Butyl tape seem likely for that application.
  5. Wrath And Tears

Adding a FMIC with a front license plate

I wonder how using a tune that changes the cooling map of the car would affect track sessions with a FMIC. The new tune from EQT has reduced my coolant temps by about 20F and oil temps by 10-20F. Have yet to do a mountain run with it, but before the changes, I hit 240F oil temp... maybe 250? but...
  6. Wrath And Tears

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

I just realized they did have a place to request a rental. I was used to having my old dealership provide me a loaner. Good news is that they are finishing it up and I'll be able to pick it up in a little over an hour.
  7. Wrath And Tears

DSG Adaptation via OBDeleven - Instructions

I've done it a few times with VCDS and my AP. I haven't noticed a delay when shifting between D and R after first doing the relearn. That is rather strange. I assume the fluid was up to temp? If you make your way north during normal business hours M-F, you could probably borrow the one from my...
  8. Wrath And Tears

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

Pretty sure he meant pulling the ABS fuse on a GTI disables the VAQ. No idea if that is true, but I know the VAQ requires certain input to work.
  9. Wrath And Tears

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

Seen a few modified GTI's driving on the 210 between Pomona and Pasadena.
  10. Wrath And Tears

E85 in Los Angeles and/or Pasadena area.

Chevron Station at 100 W Foothill Blvd, Pomona, CA 91767 has e85. Right down the street from where I work.
  11. Wrath And Tears

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Just dropped my car off at the dealer this morning for a coolant leak. When I had the car on a lift it seemed like it was the thermostat. I was kinda hoping they would have it done today as well, but it's been 6 hours and I haven't heard from the SA yet. Probably should have just done it myself...
  12. Wrath And Tears

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Ordered updated ECU and DSG tunes from EQT.
  13. Wrath And Tears

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Correct. Yeah, not sure what the people saying otherwise are smoking but I will take what they are having. They are figuratively saying that its harder to see into a car that doesn't have tint, compared to one that does. Maybe they aren't human and are in fact robots with infrared eyes or...
  14. Wrath And Tears

You can just remove the charge pipe, radiator fan and throttle body to do the job. Much easier with smaller hands / arms, but takes less time usually.
  15. Wrath And Tears

Installed my Baum Performance FMIC. Took it on the highway and I think I need to tighten a clamp or two. Pretty sure I heard a small leak and only hit ~24 PSI instead of 26. I'll do that tomorrow and recheck. Temps were much lower than the stock intercooler, by quite a lot. Very happy with the...