GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by wilsonj

1. W

Apple Car Play MK7 Golf R

Apple Car Play MK7 Golf R Hello - I am having a disastrous time trying to get this set up. Has anyone come across any spot on YouTube videos or directions? It would be much appreciated. Also, can you use it on a iPad or just an iPhone? Thank you
  2. W

Apple Car Play MK7 Golf R

Apple Car Play MK7 Golf R Hello - I am having a disastrous time trying to get this set up. Has anyone come across any spot on YouTube videos or directions? It would be much appreciated. Also, can you use it on a iPad or just an iPhone? Thank you
  3. W

Are all downpipes created equal?

17 VW Golf R DSG Unitronic Stage 1+ and Stage 1 DSG tunes Going to Stage 2 and Stage 2 DSG in March Already have Unitronic Intercooler Should I just go with Unitronic downpipe to keep it all the same? Or what are your thoughts? Thank you
  4. W

What to do with the Pretoria's? Sell/trade/keep? (PA)

So I'm probably in the minority here but I am really not a fan of the Pretoria wheels for the 2017 Golf R. Now that I have my winter set up on, and the Pretoria's are sitting in the garage, I am trying to decide what to do with them. Do I try to sell them? What do they go for? Would I be better...
  5. W

RS Ignition Service Kit

Does anyone have this? A friend recommended me to get it @ same time of @Unitronic Stage 1+ tune. Thoughts? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rs-ignition-service-kit/06h905110g01kt1/ Includes 8v RS3 ignition coils and RS7 spark plugs for the ultimate ignition service...
  6. W

Intercooler Upgrade - worth it @ Stage 1+?

Hello - I am soon getting @Unitronic Stage 1+ w/ Stage 1 DSG tune I am also doing all the @CTSturbo parts (throttle pipe, turbo outlet, turbo inlet, turbo muffler del) and charge pipes @ the same time Would there be any benefit to me also upgrading the intercooler @ the same time? Even if not...
  7. W

Inspection/Emissions in PA w/ Tune (Unitronic/APR)

Hello - I did make an honest attempt to find this answer via search feature but was unsuccessful. I am final stages of deciding between Unitronic (Stage 1+ and Stage 1 DSG) and APR (Stage 1 high torque 93 and DSG) tune I live in PA w/ 2017 VW MK7 Golf R DSG Will either/both Unitronic/APR...
  8. W

Tow Hook

Dumb question but does anyone have a Tow Hook on their MK7 and can point me in the right direction to purchase online? I am having a hard time finding - the one I ordered on Ebay was no good. Thank you
  9. W

Milltek Sport Valved Cat-Back Exhaust System - Non-Resonated

Sorry if this is redundant - having trouble finding a post that compares exhaust systems. Anyone have this and can speak to how it sounds compared to competitors - AWE, Borla, etc. Thank you!
  10. W

Milltek Sport Valved Cat-Back Exhaust System - Non-Resonated

Apologies as I have trouble finding any past posts about this topic.... Can anyone point me in the right direction or have this system themselves? Thank you!
  11. W

Catch Can System for Golf R - Worth it?

My mechanic friend stated that he feels this is a good investment to promote engine longevity - thoughts? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-tuning-baffled-oil-catch-can-system/016901ecs01-01kt/
  12. W

Racingline Performance MK7 R Cat-back Exhaust

Does anyone have this exhaust system? I am having trouble finding information about it online. Thanks
  13. W

Help with Tires

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-alzor-parts/18-style-628-wheels-set-of-four/628-4kt/ I purchases those wheels when they were on sale for my winter wheels. 18x8 - offset 45 Does anyone know what tire size I would need? 225/45-18? Does the 45 match up with the offset? Thanks for any help.
  14. W

APR Catback Exhaust MK7 R

APR posted a teaser today for catback exhaust coming out for MK7R. I can't get any image hosting sites to work to post a pic lol
  15. W

Golf R Wrapped

Does anyone have their R wrapped and can post pics? I want to do something like this but need different ideas.