GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by White18

1. W

mk7.5 GTI Autobahn had windshield replaced. Assist systems inoperative.

The windshield in my 2018 GTI Autobahn was cracked and replaced. My insurance would not pay for OEM replacement. The glass shop sent a company that recalibrates the camera, but system failed multiple attempts. When GTI was new, my VW dealer installed VW sport lowering springs and aligned and...
  2. W

infotainment screen black on my Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn

Thanks. It seems to be working normally now. I will try a reset if it happens again.
  3. W

infotainment screen black on my Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn

Yesterday my screen just went black while out driving. I still had radio (SiriusXM) sound and I could control volume. I ran thru pushing most of the buttons and nothing changed the black screen, including turning the unit off and back on. (At the time I did not know about holding for a 10-second...
  4. W

Latest “Disable Auto Stop/Start” Thread

I used Carista to turn it off on my 2018 GTI. Worked great. The Start-Stop System was disabled no matter what you did with the button. I set it back to normal operation with Carista. The update re-flash of my APR Plus tune I had done yesterday reversed the operation. The Car starts with it...
  5. W

APR Plus

I thought I had seen that somewhere but was not sure where. Thanks.
  6. W

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

My comment was not "cut and paste". I related my own experience with LS motors. Like I said, I do not know how VW determines IAT but wanted to see if IAT values that did not lag actual IAT by seconds were needed in VW motors.
  7. W

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

My experience comes more from the LS world but I wanted to mention something we found was significant in our applications. The LS MAF have a temp sensors to measure IAT. The sensing element is a thermistor. Thermistors have a "Thermal Time Constant" defined as "The time required for a thermistor...
  8. W

APR Plus

The drive home was uneventful. Car ran just about like prior to flash update to my APR Plus tune (I got the right name now) but some jerkiness I had in DSG Sport mode at low speeds and throttle positions seems to be gone. I also noticed that the boost gauge went into the 40s where before I think...
  9. W

APR Plus

Ok. The picture is getting more clear now. Nomenclature has changed over the past several years. One must be aware of the questions to ask to get the right answers. LOL. You are correct. My tune is now called APR Plus. I can use 87 octane but 91 can provide slightly better performance in higher...
  10. W

APR Plus

I have the DSG APR tune. It was done at the same time as the Stage 1+ tune was done. According to APR my DSG tune is current. APR tech support said the low vs high torque is not an issue for me as it is primarily to save stock manual transmission clutch from damage with their normal (high...
  11. W

APR Plus

Just got off the phone with APR Tech Support and asked them more detailed questions about my tune. I have "Stage 1+". They said it is a "totally different beast" than the "APR Plus". My re-flash will be the updated version of my Stage 1+ tune. My tune is probably 91 octane (my dealer will know...
  12. W

APR Plus

Did not know this breakdown. I know mine was Stage 1 + and I know it was not 87 octane. At the time I was told it was 292 HP. If the current APR PLUS offering is a step back I will skip updating.
  13. W

APR Plus

Did not mean to mislead. When I had it done in 2018, IIIRC, APR called it Stage 1+. It was the only option if you wanted to get the APR replacement powertrain warranty. Stage 1+ was one offering out of several they sold, i.e., Stage 1, Stage 2, etc. I see now they just call it APR Plus. When I...
  14. W

APR Plus

Because of elevated IAT? Northern Florida, BTW.
  15. W

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Sorry to hear that. Mine was just about 10 min total for the turbo inlet pipe.