GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by White18

1. W

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

This vibration is new. Not the wheels, tires or spacers. I all have been replaced and vibration remains. The Powerflex washer is so close to contacting the subframe, I was wondering if, at certain RPM, it actually touched and was what I was feeling. When first installed 2 years ago, it was...
  2. W

Trying to track down some vibrations I get at 70-80 mph.
  3. W

My hybrid is shifted forward when the bolt is torqued and rotated 90*. The washer is just a hair from contacting the lip on the subframe. I was wondering if the 034 upper insert would prevent the shift and keep everything centered.
  4. W

In this photo, the TOP view shows that the PowerFlex Hybrid fills the rear void in the upper mount but the 2 small fingers fill just the edges of the front upper void. The 034 upper insert fills the front void in the OE upper mount but I think the Powerflex fingers in the ends of that upper...
  5. W

Has anybody tried the 034 upper insert with the Powerflex Hybrid? Will it even fit?
  6. W

**SOLD**Lower Price AGAIN* FS: OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels, 18x8 et45, 5x112

Answered. I'm sure we can make a deal happen.
  7. W

OZ HYPER GT HLT wheels for sale in Northeast Florida / Jacksonville / Saint Augustine area.

Bump for price drop to $800, willing to ship (buyer's expense), rear ECS spaces included.
  8. W

**SOLD**Lower Price AGAIN* FS: OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels, 18x8 et45, 5x112

Bump for additional price drop, willing to ship, no tires, rear spacers included. These are the added spacers.
  9. W

Mk7 GTI Stern Rear Brace review (and iSweep) - 8.5/10, great mod!

Got my Stern Brace today and installed it on my Mk7.5 GTI. Pretty simple installation. The test drive surprised me. I did not expect the level of improvement I got. Feels more solid and, surprisingly, it is more quiet. No groans from the back of the car. Well worth the expense.
  10. W

Mk7 GTI Stern Rear Brace review (and iSweep) - 8.5/10, great mod!

Great report. I ordered one last week for my 2018 Mk7.5 GTI and it is due Wednesday. I was hoping for results like you just reported. I have Euro Sport front strut tower bar and rear hatch brace. 25mm STI rear sway bar. Thanks.
  11. W

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Mine fit very nicely, especially along the long center portions on the top and rear. I noticed during test fitting that some of the mounting tape extended too close to the edges at the ends of the spoiler and increased the gap. I trimmed the tape back to get a snugger fit. As shown in my earlier...
  12. W

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Very good. I liked the photos and like it even better now that I see it installed on my GTI. By using a small strip of gloss black vinyl wrap on the edge of the OE spoiler before mounting the new one over it, the white strip circled in the photo disappears and the fit of the new one looks even...