GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by where2

1. W

Golf MK7 Seat Swap

Red plug is a Mk7.5 seat, Black receptacle is a Mk7. Take your old seat, and your new seat, lay them side by side on the floor with the seat cushions facing down. Follow the wiring upstream onto the seat bottom, and find the next set of plugs. At the next set of plugs upstream of the seat to...
  2. W

Golf MK7 Seat Swap

Easiest way I've read says: Remove your passenger occupancy module and harness, swap both your harnesses onto the new seats. Install replacement seats. Mk7 and Mk7.5 have different plug configurations.
  3. W

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I had to teach my wife years ago how to order parts for my VW Corrado G60, (back in the days of microfiche). You walk in to the local parts department, explain you want to order parts for a Corrado, they'll ask: "You mean a Scirocco", politely respond, "No, a VW factory supercharged 1990...
  4. W

Folding mirror upgrade - reversing mirror dip and mirror memory

If you can read the passenger mirror X,Y position in live data, you can get dip in reverse to work reliably. If you can't read X,Y data in Live Data (other than 255, 255), then it won't work reliably.
  5. W

Is this an ABS sensor causing this mess?

Update: Replacement ABS sensor arrived today. Since I'd cleared all the faults when I parked the car last week, I just jacked the front passenger corner up, removed the wheel and swapped the sensor. No warning issues on my 3 mile drive to the office, or the drive home. I'll update again after I...
  6. W

Is this an ABS sensor causing this mess?

Within the last week, my 2019 e-Golf SE has been giving me the dreaded analog dash Christmas Tree, while warning me that ACC, Blind Spot Monitoring, Regenerative Braking, and numerous other systems are offline. Does this history read like it's just a bad Front Right ABS sensor, or should I be...
  7. W

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

As always, I appreciate your wealth of knowledge Don. I won't be tinkering with any of the options above until I get my present Christmas Tree taken care of. (The present Christmas Tree are 20+ faults/errors that appear to be hinged on an "Implausible Signal" or "Short to Ground" from the Right...
  8. W

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

@DV52 Is it possible to code the Mk7.5 steering column lock to not lock? I have a special use case where the column lock being electronic is rather challenging. What if you want to drag the Mk7.5 around on a tow dolly with the rear wheels down and the front (drive) wheels on a dolly behind an...
  9. W

Highline Door Module Retrofit: Compatibility between Golf and Tiguan?

My 2019 e-Golf SE is a MQB just like the 2019 GSW_S. The "new" modules I purchased on AliEx from China needed to be flashed to make them aware they were in a Golf (they came coded for something else from China). They are essentially scrap junk to me at this point. The seller never provided...
  10. W

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

Did you get your [ and ] shaped eGolf DRL's properly coded again? Or do I need to go dig through the lighting codings on my 2019 NAR eGolf?
  11. W

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

This feels like really deserves it's own thread. Was it a US (NAR) e-Golf, or originally a European (ROW) delivered e-Golf? Is your e-Golf a Mk7 or Mk7.5? (I have a Mk7.5, 2019.) Were the previous ECU parts smashed in the crash? There are some VCP wizards mentioned in various threads on this...
  12. W

Arteon Style Blind Spot Mirror Cap Installation

If you buy the AliEx folding mirror kit without BSM wires, and you spend the extra $44 to buy the AliEx BSM wiring kit (just the wires), you get the wires you need to plug into the factory mirrors with BSM symbol glass. What you don't get are the two plugs to mate into the factory 2-pin plugs...
  13. W

Opinions on OSRAM LED Lights

Yes, Maurice at Letronix is probably tired of hearing from me. That's where I ordered mine. Current pricing for Black version: 947.77€ (inc VAT), which came to 823,34€ (without VAT). OR current pricing for red stripe GTI version: 879.77€ (inc VAT), which should come to 764.27€ (without VAT)...
  14. W

Opinions on OSRAM LED Lights

Yes, the Euro is continuing to gain in value against the US Dollar, so between global inflation related product price adjustments in Europe, and slipping purchasing power of a US dollar, the Osram LED HL-109-BK package is north of $1100 (this week), if you include DHL expedited shipping (that's...
  15. W

Need a new fuel door for my tornado red MK7

AliEx for $22-$27 in Tornado Red, use key word "VW MK7 Oil Tank" to find them in colors other than white. Might take weeks to get here, but for $22, I'd wait 6 weeks...