GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by What13

1. What13

Uninstalled Tune preventing mechanic from reading codes?

I went in a few days ago and talked to the owner and the lead tech. I am personal friends with the owner and have known him for more than 15 years so I know I'm not getting the run around. They said at this point the ECU is irrelevant because with the noises the engine is making it is in bad...
  2. What13

Well now we're in the soup. TL/DR: ECU is corrupted and needs replaced. Engine sounded like someone "shaking a box of rocks" when it originally died on the freeway. Mechanic able to replicate the sound but can't tell if top end or bottom end. Wants to know if we want them to keep tearing it...
  3. What13

Will an OBDeleven do the same thing? I know he has one but I am not familiar with the full functionality.
  4. What13

Here's the story - 2015 6MT GTI SE My son bought a COBB Accessport and installed EQT stage 2. He had it on there for a few months and needed money so he sold it to someone else. This was in July of this year. At the time he thought he uninstalled/reset everything and the car ran like it did...
  5. What13

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Yes definitely. I was mostly being snarky. It's just the bumper to bumper phrase conjures up images of EVERYTHING being covered, even though it's a limited warranty. The good news is my '15 GTI just hit 72k miles this year, so I've got a lot of warranty miles left on my '19.
  6. What13

Thank you! That got me started in the right direction. They have the owner's manual but not the warranty info. But they will sell you the warranty and maintenance schedule booklet for $20. I did find the abbreviated warranty book for the 2018 model -...
  7. What13

Does anyone know of a resource online that actually spells out what is covered in the 2019 6yr/72,000 warranty? I bought mine used with only 12,900 miles on it and there is no warranty booklet in the car. The dealership has not been helpful and they told me that the car only has a limited...
  8. What13

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Ah! I'll put Eject on blank spot on the other side!
  9. What13

Also had to add some other "upgrades". Smoke screen, bomb, and missile buttons for those rough commutes.
  10. What13

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

I am in a similar boat. I just brought home a 2019 with only 13k miles and the remaining warranty was a big part of my decision. The problem is my previous GTI had a decent amount of mods and a very noticeable difference in power, and I do miss that a bit. I am taking it back in to replace a...
  11. What13

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

NKG RS7 stock gap for about 13k miles on my 2015 - no issues.
  12. What13

Black and white rear badge and Billetworz shift knob. Still debating removing the rear GTI and side emblems or getting black inlays.
  13. What13

Purchasing a golf r or gti

FWIW - I recently found out from the dealership that the 2018 GTI mentioned above had an ECU tune at some point. They didn't elaborate on whether or not the tune was still active, but it felt really nice. I test drove a 2019 GTI yesterday with only 12k miles on it, and from what I can remember...