GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Welshy GOLF MK6

1. W

Sparks & MAF

Hi all, I have a GTI PP. I'll be changing the spark plugs myself very soon. 1) I just wanted to know if this will cause any dash lights (e.g. Engine light) to come on? 2) Also I was thinking of cleaning the MAF module sensor by taking it off, again will this cause an engine light to come on...
  2. W

Engine shake?

Hi all, Firstly, please note that this issue is NOT about the 'fish bite' or 'heart beat'. Now when the car is at idle (in neutral), I can feel vibrations/slight shudder in the cabin pretty much consistently. It basically has a rough idle. When I had the engine running at idle, I opened up...
  3. W

Oil reading

Hi all, This may be a silly question; does the oil dipstick measure 1 quart (1 litre) of oil capacity between highest and lowest point on the dipstick?
  4. W

Any ideas/solution?

Hi all, Front near side rubbery squeak noise occurs when: -Going over a partial speed bump. -driving slow speeds. -when braking (moderate force). VW changed the shock absorber, but noise still persists. They found the tie rod end rubber seal cracked, replaced that too but noise still...
  5. W

Squeak, help!

Hi all, I have a golf gti PP 2016. When I driver over a partial speed bump at low speeds, the front left side of the suspension makes a 'rubbery squeak' noise. It also makes this noise when I brake hard. So I got the shock absorber replaced underwarranty. However, the noise still persists...
  6. W

Idle not smooth

Hi all, I have a 2016 gti DSG. When I come to a complete stop at the lights, in drive (with the auto hold on) i feel vibration coming through the car/ steering wheel. It's idle is not smooth, however the rev needle doesn't move. But when I select neutral or park, it's smooth. Any ideas?
  7. W

DSG gargle

Hi all, I have a 2016 gti DSG. When I engage the brake/clutch pedal, I get a a few moments of gargle noise. Any ideas?
  8. W

E- Brake not smooth

Hi all, I have a 2016 GTI DSG with 19inch wheels. When E-brake is on and then when I tap the throttle and it starts to set off/roll forward, the car seems ever so slightly to struggle as if it's going to stall. It's not smooth (whether on flat or hill). Any ideas?
  9. W

Steering knocking (video) help!

Hi all, I have a 2016 Golf GTI PP with 7k on the clock. At 4K, it developed a clunk/knocking noise when I wiggle the steering wheel left and right and when parking. I took it VW and they replaced the steering column. But the noise still persists. Please see my video on YouTube-...
  10. W

South Wales Meet?

Hi all, Is anyone from South Wales? Was thinking of organising a car meet.
  11. W

Steering wheel clunk

Hi all, I have a 2016 Golf GTI PP with 4k miles. Recently I've noticed that when I turn my steering wheel left and right while parking, I hear a light clunk sound coming from the steering wheel column. The noise is only heard from the inside. Any ideas?
  12. W

Halfords coolant liquid

Hi all, I've got a MK7 GTI Performance Pack. I needed to top-up the coolant, the coolant on the engine bay says 'G13'. I went to halfords and they recommended me 'Comma G40'. Is this coolant liquid ok to put in?
  13. W

Centre console vibration/buzzing sound.

Hi all, I have a buzzing sound at certain RPM (3k+). It is coming from the console area (mode buttons, cupholders). It sounds like very thin metal vibrating, like a metallic buzz. Any ideas?
  14. W

Help! Break-in!

Hi all, I bought a brand new MK7 GTI DSG Performance Pack. The car only had 10 miles on the clock and I got way too excited. So when driving off the dealership and driving through town towards the highway, I got to a set of traffic lights, ahead was an open straight road. I selected ‘sport...
  15. W

Help! Break-in!

Hi all, I bought a brand new MK7 GTI DSG Performance Pack. The car only had 10 miles on the clock and I got way too excited. So when driving off the dealership and driving through town towards the highway, I got to a set of traffic lights, ahead was an open straight road. I selected ‘sport...