GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by weagle1856

1. W

First detailing of a new car

My Golf GTI is coming in really soon, (maybe this week or next week) and I made sure they don't do the whole PDI. Which includes not running it through their automatic car wash. I plan on detailing it myself. However, I want to do it right the first time. What is your process, what...
  2. W

Where are your favorite roads to drive in Georgia?

I live in Atlanta, and I'm picking up my GTI later this week or early next week. I have only lived here for around a year so I don't know the area like I probably should, but was wondering what your favorite fun roads are to drive on? I'm talking little to no traffic, so not in/around Atlanta!
  3. W

2016 GTI eglible for the Non-Loyalty $1000 VW Bonus?

Does anyone know if the 2016 GTI is eglible for the Non-Loyalty $1000 VW Bonus? I can't find any specific details saying that it does. I've seen that VW has it listed for teh 2015 but I cannot find anything for the 2016 models. I'm possibly taking delivery of my GTI this week or early next week...
  4. W

Replacing NA GTI rearview mirror with UK high beam assist capable one

So I was wondering how I could add High Beam Assist to the 2016 North American Golf GTI. Would this be a simple rearview mirror swap and VAGCOM coding, or is there much more involved than that? If anyone is confused as to what I'm talking about, please see this thread...
  5. W

Timing chain or belt?

Does the Golf GTI have a timing chain or a timing belt? Just curious.
  6. W

VW Customer Care

VW Customer Care is some of the best I've ever experienced. Pure serendipity, every time. No matter if it's just chat or on the phone, it's always been "the customer comes first" formula. From every dealer I visited before I ordered my GTI wasn't willing to go through the PDI list and what...
  7. W

How long did it take you to get your VIN number?

How long did it take you from after placing your order/getting commission number to receiving your VIN created for your order? Always been curious of this.
  8. W

What are your thoughts on the Golf ClubSport?

The media release went online for it today :D http://media.vw.com/release/1054/
  9. W

September Ordering Thread

Another month, another ordering thread! I figured I'll start this one since I've just ordered mine and don't see the ordering thread for this month! Went to the dealer today, ordered my GTI White Autobahn Performance Package DCC Driver's Assistance Package HID Lighting Package I...
  10. W

Shipping from factory to house?

When ordering a new GTI, is it possible to have it shipped from the factory to my house address? Has anyone ever heard of this? Thanks in advance!
  11. W

My Dilemma: To buy a GTI or R?

So I've been looking for a new car to be my first new car purchase since I've now graduated from university, and I've decided that I wanted a GTI. BUT, yesterday I ran the numbers through financing with the R and realized I can afford the R as well... I'm sort of in a crunch though. I...