GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Waltari

1. Waltari

EBC RP-1 AND RP-X track pad review

Yep, I will likely swap the yellows out for use on street but that's it moving forward. I had started using yellows back when they were marketed as a track pad and gone through multiple sets over the last 5 years. Since I never had any issue with crumbling, them not biting or fading over the...
  2. Waltari

My season is done for this year but yes, new pads and rotors will be on the way soon. I've never put temp indicating heat paint on the rotors so honestly seeing this shot from him was news to me and will likely include that in the next changeover.
  3. Waltari

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

Last track day on the back straight at Portland International Raceway.
  4. Waltari

Think I may be exceeding the temps on the yellows. Got this from a photographer that was shooting our track day. Coming into the braking zone on our back straight dropping from about 125mph
  5. Waltari

I've been running Yellows with RBF660, stainless lines, and RS3 ducts on PP calipers for years on street and track without issue. No excessive noise or crumbling, but they do get pretty baked on track and make a ton of dust. I may try the RP1 pads on track next season to come. Thanks for sharing.
  6. Waltari

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Track name: Portland International Raceway Track location: Portland, OR Lap time: 1:32:56 (new PB - previous 1:35:01) Estimated ambient temperature: 79F Year/model: 2015 VW GTI Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200 Estimated wheel horsepower: 320 Fuel: 92 Notes on setup: Power train...
  7. Waltari

Hagerty’s HPDE/Track Day Insurance...do you buy policies or not?

Good call on keeping receipts for all parts/purchases on hand. I'm sure I could go back and gather them up, but better to be proactive and get them into one spot. I'll have to check out Lockton and compare quotes.
  8. Waltari

I know At my home track (PIR), they will not let you register for another event until that bill for the damaged barrier is paid in full.
  9. Waltari

What great is SCCA has for the last couple years combine track days and time trial events then encouraged participants to register/participate in both. In their definition of 10. “Non-Competitive Time Trial” means an on track exercise during which the lap times of “scheduled automobile” are...
  10. Waltari

I was just curious for those of you that do time trials or HPDE...do you ever purchase a policy for the day or season through Hagerty? Ever had to file a claim? I've been getting policies for peace of mind since starting doing HPDE 5 years ago, but am wondering if there are enough loopholes in...
  11. Waltari

FS- Non-pp Brakes - calipers, rotors, lines, pads $200/obo

Upgraded my GTI to PP brakes and am trying to clear out the garage. Selling the full set that came off my Non-PP car (312mm/272mm). Includes: 2015 GTI non-pp front and rear calipers/carriers 2015 GTI non-pp factory good condition front/rear rotors (roughly 50k miles with a set of Akebono Euro...
  12. Waltari

Brembo GT-S 350x34 6piston brake kit

Interest yes, extra $3k sitting around, unfortunately not. ;)
  13. Waltari

Mk7 GTI Track Part Out - Oil Coolers, RS3 LPFP, iAbed Oil Pan, etc.

Not meant to offend, but lack of general forum response might be pricing on some of the used parts. I was considering reaching out about the IABED pan, but you can buy one new from IABED for $639 ($694 if you add the extra AN-10 as an option). Given your $ is same or higher than new, shipping...
  14. Waltari

Single parent has mid-life crisis @ 34; buys dream hatch; gets back into racing after 8-yr hiatus; chases BMW M-cars

Hmmm...believe I had the same conversation with our pit boss at my last track day lol. His response was...typical VW owner...just dump more oil in it.
  15. Waltari

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Track name: Portland International Raceway Track location: Portland, OR Lap time: 1:35:01 (new PB) Estimated ambient temperature: 84F Year/model: 2015 VW GTI Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200 Estimated wheel horsepower: 320 Fuel: 92 Notes on setup: Power train: IE Stage 2 tune |...