GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by wakeupmrchen

1. W

EPC Light w/ P1335

Hi all. Went for a bit of spirted driving today. All was well and fine until the EPC light came on and I lost all power. Had to pullover and power cycle the car to fix this. Was still able to drive home comfortably with plenty of boost. Scanned it at home with OBDeleven and the only fault code...
  2. W

A/C Condenser Part Number?

I'm looking to replace the A/C condenser on my GTI as the fins are looking quite rough. Hoping to improve airflow to the intercooler. I've found 2 part numbers but not sure which is correct? Anyone knows which is the right one? 5Q0816411AR 5QM816411B
  3. W

Golf R/GTI PP Front Brake Upgrade -> Soft Pedal after Brake Flush

Yea you could be right actually! Just compared with my partner's TSI and it was the same. Guess I was just over thinking it! But re-did a bleed going RR RL FL FR anyways!
  4. W

Water Pump/Thermostat Housing without Removing Intake Manifold

Does anyone have a guide for this or done this before? I'd rather not remove the intake manifold as I have no need to walnut blast with a port injection model. Have watched both the FCP Euro and ShopDAP but they both remove their intake manifolds. In the comments of both are people saying they...
  5. W

Golf R/GTI PP Front Brake Upgrade -> Soft Pedal after Brake Flush

Hi all. I've recently upgraded the front brakes of my Mk7 GTI non-pp to the Golf R brakes. At the same time, I upgraded the rotors on the rear. After performing a brake flush with a pressure bleeder at 2 bar/29 psi, going FL FR RL RR, the brake pedal still feels soft. E.g. it only bites 1/4...
  6. W

Rear Brake Hose/Line for PP and Non-PP GTI: Are they the same or same length and connectors?

Did you ever find out the answer? Looking to upgrade my non-PP to PP too. And do you know if the dust shields are the same?
  7. W

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

We don’t have satellite radio in New Zealand and I don’t use stock navigation so this could be perfect. Did you get the China made set or Germany set?
  8. W

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

Awesome write up. I have been looking at upgrading from MIB1 for over a year now, always put off by the price but this seems like a great option. Have you had any issues since installing this? Have you tried CarPlay as well and does it work? And how does the display and performance compare...
  9. W

Which screen is this? MIB1 or MIB2?

Hi all. My partner is looking to buy a Japanese imported 2014 Mk7 with the 1.4L blue motion variant. We've test driven a few mk7 varients but this one came with the larger 8" screen. As you can see on the photo, the soft plastic is peeling so was hoping to replace the whole media unit. However...