GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by vwgtidude

1. V

My totaled GTI MK7

22k mi, Won't Start, Airbags Deployed RIP 6/19/17
  2. V

Can I get a appraisal online for my 15' VW GTI?

2015 Volkswagen GTI S 2drs Carbon Steel Gray Automatic DSG transmission Mileage: 22k I changed the wheelset, installed tints and a roof VW rack. Excellent to near perfect condition.
  3. V

How to Sync your GTI MK7 key?

I have a secondary key for my GTI but it doesn't work. I realized this after I got my car back from the auto body shop due to a few scratches. Can someone tell me how to sync it and why isn't it working? The battery is new and the red light on the key lights up bright.Thanks!
  4. V

Reviews on Konig Wheels?

I purchased a set of Koing Runlite a few days ago. Hopefully, it'll arrive soon. I was wondering if anyone used these before and hows the experience? Are they good?
  5. V

Can I quickly get an opinion on these tires? Thanks

Hello, I found a sale on these tires (Antares Ingens A1 225/40R18 92W Tire) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Antares-Ingens-A1-225-40-18-92-W-Tires/49651274 Currently $58.00 each. The tires has the best reviews I've seen, especially for that price. I need to buy new tires for my 18" rims and I...
  6. V

First transmission fluid change?

When did you do your first transmission fluid change? I called VW and they said 75,000 miles. I was like wdffff. I have 18k on my car and i'm dying to change the transmission fluid. Thanks
  7. V

Quick Question Thread.

Should I upgrade my cat-back exhaust system (around $800) and VWR Springs for my DSG 15' GTI MK7? I'm asking because I recently upgraded my stock air intake to a Injen short ram intake but I had noticed a lost of torque so I went back to stock + K&N Air filter. I sold it back on eBay so that...
  8. V

Would these wheels fit my GTI? [Thread]

I need to get a new set of wheels on a budget. Does this fit? Any opinions? Thanks https://www.aspiremotoring.com/products/esr-wheels-sr08-bronze
  9. V

Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Problem (Solved?)

Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Problem UPDATE I finally bought my GTI 15' to the service center to fix the inaccurate fuel gauge. After I top off the gas, the red meter would drop significantly when I drive for less than a mile. First, the guy said to bring the car back with less then half a tank which...
  10. V

Removed Injen Intake and went back to stock , anyone?

I purchased a brand new short ram Injen air intake and used it for half a year. Today, I removed the injen and installed back the stock airbox with a k&n filter. I noticed that the turbo boost kicks in much earlier, less transmission jerkyness, picks up faster and overall drives much smoother...
  11. V

R.I.P.: The Two-Door VW GTI Is No More In America [News]

http://www.tflcar.com/2016/09/rip-the-two-door-vw-gti-is-no-more-in-america/ Good news or bad? Opinions?
  12. V

Warranty Question

So I have my new MK7 for year now. I also got the extended warranty. Does this mean that I cannot do any APR Stages and tune until my warranty expires which is like 7 years or so? I really wanna give it a stage 1. So far what I have on my car is a Injen air intake, rear sway bar, and lowering...
  13. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Just installed my fairing =)
  14. V

Honest question, would those void my warranty?
  15. V

Got my tints today. 35% front and 5% rear. I'll take pictures later.