GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by VWGTI

1. VWGTI

Battery Replacement

Yes I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but after about an hour of research I still can't find a proper answer. :confused: Does anyone have a list of direct replacement batteries that are able to be used on the GTI mk7? After never having to care about what battery I have to replace the...
  2. VWGTI

Rear Trim Falling Off

Hey guys, I'm talking about the rear, gloss black trim on the side of the rear windows. I have the passenger side falling off (as in I can easily move the bottom of it from side to side easily. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how do people fix this?
  3. VWGTI

Radar Detector Wiring

So I have a radar detector that I want to hardwire into the car (as in a fuse). However, I already have a dashcam installed on the car which takes up the driver's side area that can be used for wiring into the fuse box. This means that the only way that I can think of wiring it is to run a cable...
  4. VWGTI

Interior Problems

Hey guys! I have a 2015 GTI, meaning that the car is coming to its third birthday pretty soon. It runs great (despite having an alternator issue within its first year) and still looks great. However, the interior is an entirely different story. The start/stop button has peeled up (fixed), and...
  5. VWGTI

GIAC StgII vs Subaru STI (stock)

Not a race (yet), but a friend wants to race me in his stock 2017 Subaru STI. However, he refuses to do it from a roll. Will I be able to reel him back in? I am currently GIAC Stage II with a DSG
  6. VWGTI

GIAC Mk7 vs EvoX

No video here due to the spontaneity of the race. I spied two Evo X clearly lining up for a roll race. Rolled right next to them and one guy gave me a thumbs up to join. Here is where I'll mention that one looked fairly heavily modified and the other looked only moderately modified. The former...
  7. VWGTI

SOS: Taillights stuck on full brightness

Hey guys, I have just installed the Euro Taillights on my car with the proper harness and coding (yes I've checked the code multiple times). The taillights worked properly up to the point of getting reverse lights installed and then the lights got stuck on full brightness when the running...
  8. VWGTI

Euro LED Coding

Hey guys! I've looked around the forums already, but I cannot find a page that shows the entire coding for the Euro LED taillights. I have followed the instructions in coding on the DAP website, but i think my previous taillight mods have messed with how the Euro lights function. Currently...
  9. VWGTI

Error Code

Pretty minor topic, How serious is the P0456 code on our cars? Sorry if this thread seems pointless (and yes i googled the code)
  10. VWGTI

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Took it to Disneyland. It's always nice to find a safe parking spot :p
  11. VWGTI

Tinited Tails

Anyone got tinted US tails on a Carbon Steel Gray GTI? I'm looking at different shades and trying to find one that doesn't blend in with the paint. Looking at 6%, but trying to see how the others look
  12. VWGTI

LED DRL Light

Hey guys, Does anyone know what this is? or even how to install it? First time I've seen anything like this for Xenon lights...
  13. VWGTI

Fastivus

Took your car to Fastivus? Or saw a car there that you want to share? Post your Fastivus photos here!
  14. VWGTI

Fastivus

Hey guys! Who's going to Fastivus this year???
  15. VWGTI

What did you do to your mk7 today?

They're actual replacements. So i kept the OEM mirror caps for when or if the cf mirrors decide to crack or yellow