GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by vtr1000sp2

1. V

LF: 17" wheels

Reason:My winter setup isn't working out that well. Wheels are 17x8 ET35 and sit as flush as one would want but with my eibach drop there is the occasional rub in the wheel well. What I'm after: 17x8 ET40-45 or 17x7.5 ET35-45. Ideally, something sub 20lbs per rim and in great shape. A mark...
  2. V

New MK7.5 owner with a fuel specific question.

^thank you for that. I have gone through Sunoco and Costco so far. Will try this next.
  3. V

Not tuned and I haven't decided if I am going to tune it, still need to research the benefits in more depth for a complete understanding of what options there are their respective gains.
  4. V

Winter Tires for Those of us with a Proper Winter

I've had good luck in the past with Blizzaks, Pilot Alpins, X-Ice, and most recently on my previous vehicle, Nokian WRs. With the Golf R, I decided to go with X-Ice 3's in 215/50/R17. The digital readout on the dash matches what I see on Waze with my iPhone and using online size calculators, it...
  5. V

Thank you for the comments. So far I've tried Costco 91 in the GTA and currently have Sunoco 93 from the US (was in the US yesterday). Not sure if I'll notice any marginal differences so if you have any means of validation using OBDeleven, please let me know. I'll go by seat of the pants feel...
  6. V

Hey guys/gals, What’s the consensus on 91 from the various brands in the GTA? I have the following nearby: Costco Shell Esso Husky Petro Pioneer