GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Vmax911

1. V

Goodyear Exhilarates. Yay or Nay?

I bought a set of Exhilarates online last week due to a bunch of rebates and had them mounted on new wheels today. I haven't put them on the car yet as I want to get spacers first. But I did want to mention that these tires have absolutely no wheel protection at all. My stock Pirelli's have a...
  2. V

Goodyear Exhilarates. Yay or Nay?

Bump this because I am debating between the DWS 06 and Exhilarate as well.
  3. V

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

I noticed the pedal, guess the throttle being wide open threw me off. But going easy on the gas does explain the low boost and high afr.
  4. V

I'll admit I'm a noob, but something looks a bit off to me. Map 1 is supposed to be +4 and Map 2 is +5, yours is reading +2-3. AFR looks high for a 19. What firmware are you running? Hopefully one of the experts will chime in here.
  5. V

You guys win! Log using 6b. It was about 10-15 degrees cooler ambient this morning, but no EPC! https://datazap.me/u/vmax911/6-6b?log=0&data=1-4
  6. V

No, figure I would try a new tank of gas, then try 6b if the problem still persists. Unless 6b provides more logging parameters?
  7. V

Put in the old +5 psi and still got the EPC with 3BEF. So I figure I must have gotten a bad tank or I've developed a boost leak. I'll take it easy until next fill up and try again.
  8. V

Using a bit over 3 gallons of no-name E85 (Circle-K, only one available) and filling up the rest with Chevron. FOL is 60. I did notice it looked a bit lean, but didn't see any weird fuel pressure spikes. The last map I tried I peaked at +5.1 @6k instead of the +6.2 @6k and AFR's were at least a...
  9. V

Still getting EPC. I guess my 2019 doesn't like +6. I did fill up before trying +6, but I thought a fuel quality issue would show up as knock? I guess I will knock down the boost a bit. https://datazap.me/u/vmax911/e30-2-epc?log=0&data=1-4
  10. V

I will give that a shot. Is the boost by gear known to be buggy or are we just eliminating variables?
  11. V

I changed 6 cyl timing to 1, and it happened again this morning. Around 6k, code 3BEF (not meeting boost). Log looks good to me? https://datazap.me/u/vmax911/epc-3bef?log=0&data=1-4
  12. V

Should have mentioned FOL is set to 60, trims look good in my opinion. I'll watch for fp spikes. Not sure what caused the timing drop / EPC. I am targeting 6, so nothing crazy (I thought). I usually let off around 6K, but sometimes she just pulls and it's hard to let off. Thanks for all the...
  13. V

I've always run a conservative map 6, adding boost to the top end to give a linear NA like feel. I recently decided to give E30 a try, and have been pushing my top end a bit. Today I dropped to third (6MT) on the freeway and did a quick pull to see how the powerband was. It felt amazing, but at...
  14. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

:cool: Helix soundbox installed :cool: