GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by VL3X

1. VL3X

Spring & Shock/Damper Installation Reference Guide

Yup, springs on my STIs were cake compared to my GTI. And even easier on my Lotus! Everything is easily accessible from the wheel well. Double wishbones FTW! The GTI is such a pain.. from the strut spreader to lining up the top nuts. Hoping to never have to pull mine again.
  2. VL3X

Same here. The MetalNerd bit was frustrating as hell to use. It worked well enough when I did my springs years ago, but I got the other spreader tool when the time came to do my struts.
  3. VL3X

SE PA/MD Work Trip

I'm not too far from Aberdeen (~15 minutes away) here in Wilmington. I'm not on the forum very often though.
  4. VL3X

🚨 The Unitronic Labor Day Sale Starts Now!

You guys ever going to make data logging available? It was one of the main reasons I purchased the UniConnect cable 5 years ago since logging was advertised on your site, but it's been marked "in development" ever since.
  5. VL3X

Cutting the front bump stops while they're on the car...

I don't have a pic... but I basically cut them down and the internal hole was large enough to fit. Looked fine when I put everything together. Guess I gotta tear em out again and remove them. :confused:
  6. VL3X

Yeah, I cut them down and they appeared to fit fine but they are all tucked in the mounts so there's not much I can grab onto now that everything is installed. Doesn't seem to negatively impact handling.
  7. VL3X

Just an update - So I can't grab onto enough of the factory bump stop to pull it down and cut it. I tried with some needle nose pliers but it just isn't happening with the spring in the way and angle. I'm assuming with the bump stops this short, there's no way the B8s can even compress enough to...
  8. VL3X

New APR Carbon Fiber Engine Cover!

Missed opportunity to leave a little window cutout for folks to show off their red coil packs. ;)
  9. VL3X

Glad I found this thread. I'm a dumbass and trimmed the factory front bump stops when installing my B8s/Eibach Pros the other day. It sounds like there are internal bump stops on the B8s already? Hopefully I can cut the factory ones all the way off without taking everything apart again. 🥴
  10. VL3X

Same. Why couldn't they mold that plastic tank slightly differently to allow clear access to that strut mount bolt? It's so close! 😂
  11. VL3X

Interesting. I picked up and pass thru socket wrench set and was able to torque them down close enough by hand while using an allen key in the center. BTW, the rears were super easy. Drivers side I unbolted everything (lower control arm, strut, lower end link, leveling sensor) like I did for my...
  12. VL3X

Same question - bump for an answer. Are you guys just impacting this top nut down? Debating if I want to buy this 17mm strut nut socket to properly torque it down or just impact it... Every video guide (including ShopDAP) just impacts the rears down.
  13. VL3X

DSG service method....

Huge thanks for this! Just finished the job in my garage with the Amazon funnel and kit from FCP Euro. Hardest part was getting the battery tray out. :ROFLMAO: I had the car level up on ramps/jack stands and I have OBDEleven, so even though I did the top fill method, I brought it up to 100ºF...
  14. VL3X

Sounds like something wasn't torqued to spec. Possibly the endlinks.