GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Visceral

1. V

Burning Oil On Startup

I have a similar or same issue and had done some research and my best guess is the valve stem seals are going. Only get a puff of blue smoke on start up after its been sitting either overnight or an extended period. The seals let a little oil in into the chamber due to their being cold and...
  2. V

I need new tires but the choices are overwhelming. Suggestions?

On my second set of MSAS4's... wouldn't do anything else. Honestly, for your weather, you could look at summer rubber but about the only thing that would be a plus for the AS's is wear rating is higher and when (if?) it rains, you'll be better off.
  3. V

Blue Smoke on Startup

Thanks, yeah I don't know about the magic Lucas stuff... probably won't use it. Appreciate hearing another confirmation of what the issue is though, as good as the internet can be you read a lot of crazy stuff and its hard to decipher sometimes.
  4. V

Blue Smoke on Startup

I'm having the same issue. Small cloud of blue smoke on cold start only. After a second its gone. From what I have learnt while scanning the internet is this could be from valve stem seals. They are getting worn out and so lit a little of oil through that burns on startup. Once the car gets...
  5. V

H&R OE Sport Springs?

Here ya go... the rsb is the rear sway bar, 24mm.
  6. V

H&R OE Sport Springs?

I have the OE sport springs paired with Koni Sport dampers, I put the TT spring pad ON TOP of the existing pad to remove the reverse rake, and ride on RSE 10's 18x8 with 235 PSAS's. Also have a 24mm H&R rsb and spacers to square off the look. Love the setup, its OE+ but even with the dampers...
  7. V

Blue Smoke on Cold Start

So, the age-old symptom but wanted to know what likely areas I should be looking to resolve this. I get that chasing oil leaks can be a frustrating adventure so looking for some recommendations to perhaps shortcut the exercise and/or get good advice. Appreciate the responses,
  8. V

FS ARM IC and CTS Turboback

Yep, this all makes sense. I generally run track days at Road America and Autobahn CC which both have long straights so I don't think but once I had heat-soak type issues (embarrassing to be losing ground to a Hyundai on the back straight).
  9. V

Best mods to add HP/TQ without much NVH?

Umm, dunno. When I went to get the alignment the ClubSport option popped up on the screen so just did it. I have the print out at work so could post a pic of it on Monday if you're interested. Gonna assume it can be Googled too...
  10. V

Trade Agency Power Closed Intake for stock intake

Well crap... alright then.
  11. V

FS ARM IC and CTS Turboback

Interested in your FMIC... question, did you see a real change in engine performance with this? I have read so much I think I'm confused. Appreciate your response.
  12. V

Trade Agency Power Closed Intake for stock intake

Any particular reason you can't ship the CSS muffler? Interested...
  13. V

FS: Forge Silicone Intake Hose - Red BNIB

Interested... how do we do a transaction?
  14. V

Best mods to add HP/TQ without much NVH?

This may or may not be a good suggestion depending BUT, you could get an alignment done and use the CS settings. It certainly isn't for everyone and really not sure how it would be on a stock GTI suspension but I recently did it on a fully revamped suspension and really like it. On-center...