GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by vincevtr

1. V

GTI vs ‘21 Ford Exploder Platinum

its cause it was from a dig, thats all. also not sure if flooring 1st to 6k from a dig is the best approach. when i was s2 uni i used to be able to smack almost any commuter car from a roll.
  2. V

MK7 GTI vs GT350

lol dude is really that insecure they had to prove their bmw is faster than a kia forte.
  3. V

What's a logical amount of money to spend modding?

As much as you can budget. If you want logical why didnt you get a normal Jetta instead of a GLI? Id say the budget depends on whatever your goals for the car is(and obviously how much income you have). If youre tracking, theres a budget for that. If youre autocrossing, theres a budget for that...
  4. V

A review of the Mk.8 Golf.

no volume dial is insta-deal breaker for me
  5. V

Engine Swap TSI -to R

If you are already going thru the trouble and money, why not something like a VR6? no offense to R owners here lol but surely theres better engine options if you are already down to rip everything out?
  6. V

Newbie to VW life

had a TSI for a rental and was quite surprised. TSI is pretty peppy at city speeds(small turbo so it spools very quick), no top end tho. imo the TSI makes zero attempt at looking sporty in any way. i know its technically an ecobox but hey look at the new corolla. I have received complaints of...
  7. V

BMW 340i

If you didnt like his comment you didnt have to reply to it, see what that logic gets you?
  8. V

Scion TC

mind you OP asked about a TUNED gti too. . actually insulted by this post to be quite honest.
  9. V

2020 Camry TRD

but the trade-off is you have to tell people you have a camry
  10. V

Hearing turbo flutter

what is that? and how could that be of affect?
  11. V

Hearing turbo flutter

So recently I've noticed i can hear the turbo flutter pretty distinctly. I havent really noticed it before, had the car for 3 years now and have stock intake. The sound comes when I half throttle and lift off quickly before boost could fully build (usually at very low speeds). No woosh or tsss...
  12. V

GTI Stock for Stock wins?

2017 V8 F150. maybe put a car or two. From dig with rollout.
  13. V

2019 GTI vs 2019 Mazda 3

so basically, mazda=zoom, gti= zoom zoom. hmmm
  14. V

GLI 35th vs MK7.5 GTI

sounds like a transmission race. interesting that you were that far ahead by 60mph. Imo blizzaks are really soft as their treadwear sucks (excellent winter tire however) On blizzaks i dont hook until about 70mph (uni s2).
  15. V

The most annoying Vs moment of your life........

for me its usually this. when you physically cant get into a position to smack a car you know you can, and the guy thinks he won. that and when the race ends/run out of space as soon as i start getting traction lol.