GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by videoman

1. V

Traffic button

yeah me too, i lost them, ironically i don't travel that much but when i do and i have twice in the past 3 weeks and noticed that the reports are missing along with tmc is off.
  2. V

Drivers side vanity mirror

Not sure if this will help, but i recently had to look at a jag passenger mirror as think would lock up. Long story short it was the clip on the top, however and the reason for this reply, using a pry tool i managed to remove the mirror to get to the insides, clearly seeing the wiring and...
  3. V

auto stop start not working

i thought i had updated this, anyway from the slight niggle of stop start, the car wouldnt even start :) needless to say a new battery was got and all is well now, i even got a more powerful one too. It was the original oem battery. still though only 5yrs old :(
  4. V

oil change thoughts

with the cost of everything going up , i thought i'd try somethign different this year and sorta wanted a general thoughts out there in the wider vw world. We all know its 15k miles or every year for the oil change, but i do under 4k a year. So i am thinking of stretching it to 18months. As its...
  5. V

water in offside rear light assembly

I noticed a while back condensation in the light assembly specifically in the reversing light part. Thought no more about it, as i expected it to evaporate. This morning i notice actual water sloshing around in there. Huh? how is it even getting in? I guess the weld / glue has gone awry...
  6. V

Back seats wet

i am getting this too, seems to be a popular thing, the cure seems to be door card off, rivets off that secure speaker, seal off, new seal on, and then uclips / screws to put speaker back. I havent done anythign about mine yet though, i was almost going to sprag it a little. old school, to make...
  7. V

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

not really feeling any wet carpets
  8. V

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

every one of my golf 7 switches had gone bad. I opened 3 single doors one and every one had deposits on them, cleaning one as u see re pic, took off the copper track it was that bad. But the reason for this post, i have a stubborn front passenger window, re not auto up and down. So i replaced...
  9. V

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

Hi all, anything in UK activated has to be done by vw dealer for the princely sum of £150 each last i enquired :(
  10. V

removal of battery without alarm going off

Hmm i thought, you had to replace like for like? or is it more you can't put a EFB battery into an AGM oem car? I just been quoted £143 for eco battery 1yr warranty or £202 for non eco ( 2yr warrenty) plus £65.62 for ODIS to be plugged in from dealer i bought car from. Hence me asking lots of...
  11. V

Thank you GOLFDAVE, that guide is very infomative. THe current battery i have is the OEM exide one, the car has been acting strange of late, electrically. I make the battery 6yrs old but i have put it on charge for a few hours to make it happy. dunno if its worth the extra go up bigger battery...
  12. V

This is going to sound really dodgy, but i can assure you its not. I wanted to take the battery out to charge it up in the kitchen overnight. But no matter what i tried the alarm was going off. Where is the power coming from for the alarm? how can i turn off the alarm? the key in the drivers...
  13. V

Communication between dash and MIB not always working

Just recently, twice in as many days actually, i do what you normally do get in and drive, GOLF MK7 to find certain elements on the clock display are not working. Like it won't display radio channel or phone info or sat nav, i get the impression anything to do with the MIB2 unit. I tried turning...
  14. V

electrical fault, rear window going down

ok thankyou for the response, something else to consider. Just been to cold atm to rip off the door panels to get at the switches. As its only happened twice, its on the back of my head to do. Just was really weird when motoring down at 40mph and the rear window randomly opens heh
  15. V

electrical fault, rear window going down

This has happened twice to me, but within about afew days of each other. After a couple of minutes of starting the engine, or could be just powering it on, i am not sure as i haven't tried that, but i find my rear window just opens. all the way. I can't even close it straight away either from...