GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by victorofhavoc

1. V

Brake Pads and SAE J866

Genuinely curious, so I clicked the link and caught a couple red flags. Definitely would not buy
  2. V

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

What grade is printed on it? You could always just look up a grade vs size bolt torque chart.
  3. V

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

I ran staggered for a while and I like the heat distribution way better this way since the car stayed neutral in the middle of sessions. I'd recommend running 6 wheels since the fronts burn up way sooner, and it's just easier to have a couple extra fronts. I ran 17x9 and 17x8 in mixed wheels...
  4. V

Well, as it just so happens I have a vs5rs sitting in my garage that my wife curbed and I've been too busy/lazy to do anything about it...yet 😅 Great wheels, though. The matching metal valves are also lovely.
  5. V

I tried enabling this on my q7. I'm missing one piece to get the signs to display, and that's the actual image files that it maps to in the registry. Supposedly the dealer can add the images, but no dealer I've talked to cares to try, yet. I'm curious if you'll run into something similar with...
  6. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Usually I don't like aftermarket wheels because for me they're too exaggerated compared to the rest of the interior or too thick, but this one looks pretty nice! Which wheel is it?
  7. V

I thought about a well equipped arteon, but then I felt the weight. I can't imagine the B9 would be lighter, and that's no fun. But nothing is "light" anymore, so I dunno, pick something in a fun color
  8. V

-2 in the rear is about right on 200tw to match up to -2.2 to -2.5 up front. At -2.3 front and -1.8 rear i was still rolling the rears and having to up pressure to 44 in rear to keep balanced. With -2 I could bring the pressure down to upper 30s
  9. V

The is38 also has later spool, which means not quite so torquey down low where tires are more likely to spin. Tune also matters a lot there. Tires are a funny thing... Typically grip and hook are not interchangeable because one typically means lateral G and the other longitudinal. Tire...
  10. V

This is what I thought he meant... The dws06 aren't even in the same league as the ps4s. There's also the thought that by "hook" and "grip" he meant longitudinal, like on ramps. The ps4s are designed for lateral grip and need camber to keep the lateral g from rolling the tire. Certainly...
  11. V

Also keep in mind if you have any bubbles in the system it can artificially raise the level and overflow, then drop below min as the bubble works its way out.
  12. V

You guys are right, I was just typing faster than my brain was moving. Take note of where it is when hot and then top off the difference when cold. Opening it when hot will cause it to spill over. It goes up when hot in this system so that's what you're looking to be below max to avoid spillover.
  13. V

Out of curiosity why did you go kw over mcs, ast, or other custom setups? You're in that price point. I've also got a custom kw setup on a different car, but I've been contemplating going to mcs as my kw age out. I also need to keep divorced rears as part of classing requirements for TT, which...
  14. V

Is it dripping from where the tank upper and lower half meet or from the overflow? The long thing that looks like a clip in the center of the photo is the overflow, and any fluid above max will bubble out. This is a pressure system, so fluid goes up as it gets hot. With the engine at temp it...
  15. V

This 100%. It's not just this platform... I'd argue that any aftermarket company that claims "oem quality" or "better than oem" is full of it.