GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by veedubfreak

1. V

New R, How's she look

Gave her a solid polish In the background you can see my 58 and the shining DONT HIT ME red.
  2. V

I lost my key, HALP

Ok, I know my key is in my house somewhere. I have torn the place apart and have not been able to locate it. I know it's in the house because it has my house key on it and obviously I had to use that to get in. I have KESSY, so I was wondering if there is any possible way to use an RFID...
  3. V

Clunk and suspension acting weird

Alright, things are starting to get weird here. Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue. Background: Car is bone stock, no mods. All service done at the dealer Just over 20k miles We got a decent snow Monday night so I didn't really notice the issue until my drive home yesterday...
  4. V

P11A600 MIL code

Hey folks, I did a little searching and the only time I was seeing this code come up was on tuned cars. 2016 R bone stock. This will now be the 4th time I have had this code come up. Says Cam Shift Actuator "A" Cylinder 2 with the P code listed in the title. Has anyone else run in to...
  5. V

I hate people so much

Getting real fucking sick of people damaging my car. This is what I was greeted with when I got out of work tonight. So far, in 3 years and 16k miles my car has been sideswiped, tboned, hailed on, and now some jackass did this. So now I'll have to replace my bumper clear bra. Not 100%...
  6. V

Commute change, thoughts?

Well I've had my R since July of 15, got tboned in April of 16, had the car spend 2 months at a body shop and quit my job in May of 16. So the car currently has 7500 miles, is basically perfect other than having 12000 dollars of body repair on it's carfax. I will likely have a job offer in...
  7. V

Hyundai Shopper Assurance

Pretty sure there's absolutely nothing other than going back in time and being broke as hell that would cause me to ever buy Hyundai.
  8. V

Spot the difference. Bonus game, smell the clutch

Who can tell what's wrong with this photo. bonus bullshit. I put my winter wheels on tonight and the 1 and only time I've let the monkeys touch my car I ended up with 1 missing bolt. And I tried to scooch the car a little harder than I should have up the driveway and I'm pretty sure I...
  9. V

Non-premium gas for a 2000 mile trip

I might be making a trip back home to visit my parents soon. It's 1031 miles door to door each way. Has anyone run a long trip without running premium in the R? I know the GTI will run on crap gas, but curious how the R handles it. I'm fine paying 50 cents a gallon extra for day to day...
  10. V

OG GTi - 1984 Rabbit GTi

Luck. Same way all these assholes find old cars that they turn around and flip for 10x what they paid the old person that just wanted it out of the garage.
  11. V

OG GTi - 1984 Rabbit GTi

It's crazy to think that car is now a classic being 35 years old.
  12. V

Keyfob Battery

I'm pretty sure I've seen this topic before, but I'm too lazy to search for it right now. My car is coming up on 2 years old and it's already telling me to replace my keyfob battery. Is this normal for kessy? I've never had to replace a keyfob battery in any of my other cars even after having...
  13. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed my anti retard devices today AKA snow tires because people in Colorado think that AWD and 4000 pound vehicles will save them when they drive 90mph in the snow.
  14. V

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got off my ass and washed it before the sun came up.
  15. V

Pike's Peak Pics

Went up Pike's Peak earlier this week. My god this car is so much more fun than the TDI was last time I went up. click for huge. I suggest anyone that visits Colorado give it a run.