GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by username205

1. U

Goodbye Helix -> OEM+ Sound System Build Log

Sounds like a solid plan, you definitely want active crossovers on the front stage if possible. I’d just be worried about not having time alignment on the rear speakers, but, as you mentioned, the fader could be used to prevent throwing off your front stage. Have you considered replacing the...
  2. U

Just now seeing your reply to my thread. Response has been posted.

Just now seeing your reply to my thread. Response has been posted.
  3. U

The stock woofers are full-range and the tweeter just runs a simple capacitor, probably around 5KHz.
  4. U

Sorry I missed this, I'm not receiving email updates for some reason. The Daytons have been fantastic - the silk tweeters are easy on the ears, and the aluminum cones of the RS-180s allow them to belt out impressive midbass for the relatively small cone area. Off-axis response isn't great for...
  5. U

WTB: ZEN-V

I’m currently running high-level inputs to my DSP and would like to clean up the signal a bit by utilizing the digital input. Please provide a shipped price to 30022.
  6. U

vland mk7.5 Sequential taillight

1. Off 2. Brakes 3. Reverse 4. Turn 5. Running 6. Running + brakes 7. Running + brakes + turn
  7. U

vland mk7.5 Sequential taillight

Thanks @ZERO815 for the detailed guide! I grabbed the Vland tail lights for just under $200 and did not have to purchase an additional harness to get these working in my 2017 Sport - just followed ZERO815's guide to swap pins and ran an additional wire to link the reverse lights together. I...
  8. U

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

If anyone is in the Atlanta area, I have a Helix SoundBox available. It’s currently programmed for the MK7 Golf/GTI.
  9. U

Good idea. I plan on selling the SoundBox so that wasn’t an option for me. The clips were a hassle the first time I removed the a-pillar trim, but subsequent removals have been a breeze since the clips were never reinstalled 😂
  10. U

Word of advice: don’t bother trying to make a Dayton DSP work with a car audio system. They weren’t designed with isolated power supplies and are VERY noisy. I thought maybe the first unit was faulty but the replacement they sent was also garbage. The DSP, Bluetooth adapter, and $130 in...
  11. U

Apparently Parts Express' quality control is garbage, so things are on hold until they replace my DSP with one that isn't staticky on 2 of the 4 high-level inputs. Also I realizied that I have enough equipment laying around to run the tweeters actively, so the passive crossover will be removed...
  12. U

How is your sub secured? Does it attach where the spare tire used to?
  13. U

Amp “rack” is complete. Things are moving much faster now that I’m done fiberglassing. Cardboard mockup. 1/8” MDF trimmed and carpeted. Super snug fit means I won’t even have to screw down the amp shelf. Still need to find a clean way to secure the sub though - maybe L brackets hidden...
  14. U

Over a week later and the fiberglass enclosure is finally done. It turned out great, but I could’ve installed four systems on the amount of time it took to build this box 😂 Support dowels screwed & resined in place, carpet glued on. Terminal & polyfill in place. Subwoofer mounted.
  15. U

Upgrading the Mk7 Fender audio system - Build Log

That turned out really nice! I’m guessing those JL amps are fairly efficient and won’t have any overheating issues while sandwiched between MDF? I’m still trying to figure out how my amp and DSP will be installed/displayed. I bought that exact same carpet from O'Reilly's but haven’t installed...