GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by up4speed

1. up4speed

2018 GTI left steering noise video

Are you sure it's not related to the brakes? It almost sounds like one of those wear sensors rubbing on the rotor. It's hard to tell from the video.
  2. up4speed

Found shipping pucks at 13k miles

What were the symptoms of the bad strut bearing? Did you notice anything? I hit a big bump in the road the other day (looked like a speed bump) at about 70-80 mph. I don't have the shipping pucks in, but it hit so hard that the car made a really bed crashing noise! I thought that I totaled...
  3. up4speed

DSG shifting by itself before redline

Just to make sure…When you describe “manual mode”, you are moving the gear selector to the right, not pulling back and putting it in “S” mode, correct?
  4. up4speed

Bilstein B6 shocks on OEM springs?

I was also thinking about this same set up. I also wanted to maintain stock ride height & comfort, but wanted one notch better handling for the track. I am also considering installing camber plates with a fixed -1.4 deg. camber at the same time. I would also love to hear opinions on this.
  5. up4speed

Driver side- Intake inlet duct Drill Mod

Thank you for the nicely done video! In my case, I won't be doing it because I live on the east coast and we get a good amount of rain. From what it looks like, once the holes are drilled, it appears that the air / rain would be guided by the duct work, right to the bottom of the filter. I...
  6. up4speed

Basics for track?

I'm thinking, minimum to start tracking: - good set of summer tires - Better brake fluid (RBF660) - RS3 brake ducts (they are very cheap and supposedly work well) -Ferodo brake pads (will hold up way better than stock pads with the heat) You can essentially use the car stock, but if you are a...
  7. up4speed

Opinion on Michelin PS4S VS Michelin PS Cup2's

Yes, it's a great track. A lot of fun!
  8. up4speed

Recently installed Racing Line catch can and have a few questions

I emailed RacingLine tech support. I asked them if the amount that came out of my car was normal. I also asked what happens if the can fills all the way up by accident. Here is their response: "Glad to hear the kit is working! That is normal for trackday use, especially if you are driving...
  9. up4speed

Unfortunately, I dumped it in my oil reservoir for recycling. I will check it next time I empty the can. Will the can also fill up with normal street driving, or only with track driving?
  10. up4speed

The first picture shows the syringe immediately after I sucked it out. The second photo shows it after settling for 2 hours. The only thing I found strange is that I would have expected the oil to be on top of the foamy watery tan stuff. Do you think it needed more than 2 hrs to separate?
  11. up4speed

Thanks! According to Track Addict App 104.4 MPH. I usually hit about 108 when nobody is in my way, lol
  12. up4speed

It was upstate where the weather was about 65-70 degrees, and pouring for 1/2 the day. Not sure if that makes a difference. Plus if it was water, shouldn't the oil be on top instead of the bottom?
  13. up4speed

I decided to try the Cup2's this time around, since Costco had them (and I had a $200 off coupon). I really liked them, and I cut an average of 2 seconds off of my lap times at New York Safety Track compared to the MPS4S, But 1/2 way through the day it started raining and then my lap times...
  14. up4speed

The coolant level is perfect and hasn’t budged in a long time. when I pour it out, it feels very watery. However, if it was water, wouldn’t the oil float on top of it? Whatever substance it is, it is actually lighter than oil.
  15. up4speed

I installed the Racing Line catch can / PCV plate approximately 600-700miles ago (approx 500 are street miles). I have one track day with about six 20 minute sessions on it as well (125 track miles). I drained the tank today, and this is what came out, it is about 100 CC's or 3.3 OZ. First...