GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ucfquattroguy

1. U

Perfectly balancing the GTI into a Grand Tourer

When you upgrade that suspension, I won't be mad if your OE springs find themselves on my doorstep. The Mk8 springs = Mk7 Clubsport OE springs. ;-)
  2. U

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

CSS + Res delete is the easy button that's OEM+ in sound and appearance. Looks factory because it is factory... 😏
  3. U

Misha Charoudin Drives a 550HP Golf R on Nürburgring

...except the trans wasn't happy. A Case of overheating? Or somebody's "custom" DSG tune not accounting for something or a table getting called for that wasn't changed from stock?
  4. U

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Another unscientific example, but Misha posted a ring lap in the last week in a stock Mk7.5 TCR edition GTI. Factory IS38 w290hp output. No smoke.
  5. U

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

"Perception is not reality". ;-) All the torque on command lighting your hair on fire is spectacular...but that does not always correspond to getting things done.
  6. U

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Misha drove a Stage 2 Mk7 Clubsport about 1-1.5yrs ago. Smoked into and through Carousel. Nothing anywhere else though.
  7. U

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

FWIW, I went from APR Stage 1 to IS38 on the OG OE DP 93oct file. If what you're after is the OEM+ IS38 drive character...this is the way. Sure you're leaving 25hp and some torque on the table, but you're emissions compliant and not dealing with solving for resonance cause by high-flow DP. I've...
  8. U

Misha in a GTI

That one had me giggling the whole way around. Sure, we all can talk about a SRS BZNS track build....but part of me want something like that Caddy that's just silly fun.
  9. U

What’s my next move for overheating?

Before digging into other stuff, the other IAT thread confirmed a dirty or roughed up condenser will affect intercooler performance, so it would also affect radiator performance. Bottom line...when air flow is compromised, performance is compromised.
  10. U

What’s my next move for overheating?

resident of Orlando here. Ambient in Sebring earlier this week had to have been 93-97F. So...hot AF and a challenge for cooling for even well setup cars.
  11. U

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

APR definitely has separate DSG files for IS20, IS38, and DTR...so yea.
  12. U

How to determine if carbon cleaning is needed

The only anecdotal evidence I can toss out there for the "E888.3 bring better than..." is that my former '13 VW CC started to get a lumpy idle and occasional hesitation under light load under 3k before up to temp. Confirmed later to have a good bit of crusty build up. Car had around 30k miles...
  13. U

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

In before Arin chimes in and tells you kids to "settle down...the dude on OE Intercooler with the IS38 not doing track days is just fine." Hah! Y'all haven't lived until you've seen 80-100F temp rise during a 3rd gear pull on an OG 1.8T car on factory intercooler. OE intercooling is much better...