GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Type_RS_59

1. T

Electric GTI

I read that it was designed by the same guy who did the Mk. 7. Wheels are supposed to be an homage to the steel wheels of the original 1976 GTI in Germany.
  2. T

Black Badges MK7?

AliExpress is always an option for badges though I cannot vouch for the quality.
  3. T

Review: Koni Special Actives with OEM springs

I’ve read that thread and I definitely agree. I’d certainly be doing a lot of things differently if I planned on using this car for track days and/or autocross, but I’ve already got my Integra for that, and it isn’t even being used enough. Not that I haven’t already built that GTI in my head...
  4. T

Thanks @mrmatto I’ve always done rear bar only on my FWD cars and like how it shifts the balance. Even though I understand the benefits a frint bar can have on the MQB, I just don’t want to deal with dropping the subframe. I’ll probably upgrade both the front and rear endlinks though.
  5. T

I was already planning on doing the Koni Special Actives w/ stock springs and Eurosport camber mounts when the time comes but this thread definitely sealed the deal. Just curious, @mrmatto , are you on stock sway bars or have you upgraded them too?
  6. T

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

I definitely hear you about wanting to keep as many original parts as possible. May end of costing more in labor if it’s out of warranty though. I keep talking myself out of a GMT because I don’t really have a need for one. Sure we travel, but I’m not sure I’d really use it. Maybe if I come...
  7. T

Upload Pictures of ur Golf MK7 with after market alloys!!!

Pretty sure I saw your car at the 6 Hour at the Glen.
  8. T

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

At the car wash (yeah!) in the GTI and the red lighting made the orange in my Autodromo Group B really pop.
  9. T

Neuspeed RSE10 18x8 satin blue metallic

I wish I could find pictures of these on a Dark Iron Blue GTI.
  10. T

Wheel weights

I used to use black duct tape over the weights on my black track wheels and never had an issue. I’ve also had weights fall off of clean freshly powder coated wheels that were stored in a hot shed.
  11. T

FS: OEM Alltrack 17" winter wheels

I think I’m out. I just don’t have time for a road trip of that magnitude, especially this time of year. GLWS
  12. T

Long Island? Dang, I’m in NY too but that’s like 6 hours from here!!!
  13. T

Location?
  14. T

Suggestions for all-season tires for stock 2018 GTI?

I’m very happy so far with the DWS06+ on a stock 2018 GTI. Have not had them in the snow yet but I run dedicated winter wheels and tires for the snowy season.