GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Treadup

1. Treadup

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

He’s got a lot of time on his hands so I can’t wait for the answers to all your questions.
  2. Treadup

Chicagoland Chat Thread

I left there a few weeks back but I drive through Marseilles on the way to work. I’ll check it out next time. Thanks
  3. Treadup

Book Recommendations - What are you Reading

I've been reading Ben Coes' Dewey Andreas novels. I was never really much for fiction but I do like action/military based stories. They are page turners and help me escape when I'm on the road after a long days work.
  4. Treadup

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I switched from PS4s to DWS for $and longevity. Wish I would have stayed with the Michelin. I never used to lose grip under heavy breaking with the Michelin. The dws, not so much.
  5. Treadup

Hitech VAG

Sitting in the airport on yet another delay reading the newest Car and Driver. This article is pretty interesting on Lamborghinis new hub design.
  6. Treadup

I have the Aerofabb v2 splitter and had to put down a piece of plywood so I can get in my garage.
  7. Treadup

For sure. The cradle to grave traceability for the “q” level parts adds a tremendous premium.
  8. Treadup

Looks like aviation and nuclear have some commonality. Those electrical connectors look like some of the amphenol and lemo connectors for the nuclear instrumentation under vessel.
  9. Treadup

Got a few miles on the GTI yesterday. First time driving in a parking deck with the full BAUN Exhaust. I kept it quite tame but man I wanted to rip through there. Heading back out to work today just south of Detroit. Fun thing about traveling is I am always looking at cars for sale. Going to...
  10. Treadup

Rear Tires Rubbing - Corrective Options

Just a word of caution. Check your right rear inner wheel clearance. I had -1.9 or so camber for a minute when I went to 18x9 with 245 tires and I was rubbing on the guard for the fuel filler neck and fender liner. I went to a shop that said “that’s what we do is deal with lowered cars” for the...
  11. Treadup

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

@Diggs24 what's your MPI setup consist of? I've browsed MPI setups a few times but thats it.
  12. Treadup

Chicagoland Chat Thread

No go on the mk2. It was a cool trip as the guys had a shop full of vintage Farmall Tractors that were mint. I try to stay off the highway as much as possible during roads trips. Would have missed this place in the town of Hollawayville, population 50.
  13. Treadup

Chicagoland Chat Thread

I got a better look at the mk1 in Addison. The undercarriage is torn up. All the pinch welds are smasher and there is more than surface rust. Maybe a $5k with today’s prices. I’m not looking for that kind of project. I did however find a mk2 GTI out towards Davenport I may go look at.
  14. Treadup

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

I have one and use it weekly when I’m home. Safety and ease of use was big for me. I wouldn’t let my son under the car if it was in jack stands. They’re great.