GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ton

1. T

Let Car Idling For 7 Hours

Country boy can survive, for now...
  2. T

These relays have resitors in them as part of the circuit for various reasons. Resitors don't like heat in general.The car is also 8 years old. In the best circumstances resitors will lose tolerance over time. I just cooked them. It's interesting to note that there's two relays with the same...
  3. T

We got back from the store. I was going to swing inside, feed the dogs lunch then go to Autozone. I got a phone call and completely spaced on the fact that it was running. 7pm I decide to finally go to Autozone.
  4. T

I've been watching South Main Auto Repair and was thankfully in the correct mindset. The moment I came upon the idling car I thought, "great, what's going to be screwed." I smelled hot stuff. Not total burning. But definitely hot. The hood was very warm. So I worried about affected or melted...
  5. T

Sometimes I wonder if 98% of the internet are bots now.
  6. T

Well. It was fun. I hope everyone had a blast, I know I sure did. I vow to eliminate all tomfoolery from my life and get my shit together. No more extended idling. For posterity and for anyone who has a similar problem, the solution: 2 underhood relays were toasted. Relay "644" and "645." The...
  7. T

I visually checked fuses but haven't probed them.
  8. T

How could it be the battery when the battery is fully charged, measures the correct voltage and the car cranks to the moon?
  9. T

Outside. About 45 degrees. It actually did smell pretty hot. It was giving off that plastic cooking oil smell. I'm may be on to something. "645" relay in the engine compartment fuse box. It has a 1% tolerance 560ohm resitor. It measures about 60ohms. It's toast. I'll be checking other stuff and...
  10. T

I wanted to practice being a cop.
  11. T

Charged battery. Measures 12.59 volts. Still no start.
  12. T

Charing now. I'll report back.
  13. T

I left my car idling for 7 hours. Once discovered I drove it around for 20 minutes and everything seemed okay. No codes and it responded normally. Today it cranks but won't start. Here's what I know. #1 "P0657 Code: Actuator Supply Voltage A" is the only code. #2 Gas tank is 1/2 full. #3 Live...
  14. T

Auto Trans Squeak 2015 Golf

09g regular automatic. I can try to record it.
  15. T

Auto Trans Squeak 2015 Golf

Could be. But the noise is always during an upshift and focused on the lower driver side.