GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TheWombat

1. T

Limited Edition Mustang.

That actually looks kinda nice. Growing up, I was indoctrinated (for reasons unknown at this late date) into believing Gulf gasoline was bad, that it had impurities, etc. No clue why that was the case, but I believed it and didn't buy Gulf until many years later. Weird.
  2. T

The Model 3 ruined my life

Was referring to the Model S with all the trimmings, sorry. The Model 3 is butt ugly, and has an interior that doesn't do it for me. I do love the motor/electric tech though. Give me a Model 3 with a TT body, and I'd be all over it.
  3. T

The Model 3 ruined my life

If I'm spending six figures on an EV, it'll be a Porsche Taycan....
  4. T

Mark Higgins drives his STI down English rural and village lanes at 175 mph

Day-um, that's fast. The sound is sort of high-pitched and irritating, though.
  5. T

2020 CLA45 AMG

The Sportbacks sell far more than the coupes here. I had to scramble to find an S5 in coupe form, while there were quite a few Sportbacks. And finding a plain A5 coupe is it seems even harder. And yes, the RS5 is very nice. For what it costs, it damn well better be!
  6. T

Tesla's Big Announcement?

There are more of these Teslas up here in frozen Yankeeland than I'd expect, but I guess the green-ness of the region outweighs the cold-ness. It's hard to tell anything about build quality while passing one on the road, as everything is covered in road salt anyhow, but they apparently at least...
  7. T

Truck Wash

Bastard. :)
  8. T

Truck Wash

I'm still trying to get my head around 1) being able to wash a car because it's not negative whatever outside, and 2) the absence of piles of ice and snow in that picture. I've heard of these fairylands far to the west where the weather is always good, but I didn't believe they existed.
  9. T

STI S209

It's an interesting vehicle for Subie fans, I'm sure. But I think you would really have to be a true fan and devoted Subaru loyalist to find the price acceptable. But I'm glad those that might want it get the chance to snag one.
  10. T

A Fond Farewell

I said goodbye to my Golf R today. It was a bitter sweet parting; I loved the car, in many ways, and it truly was the best car I've every owned up to this point. It wasn't the most fun--that would be my old Integra GS-R, I'd say--but it was so well built, so poised, and so balanced that I don't...
  11. T

Need a set of cheap wrenches?

Dang, I misread this as a "set of cheap wenches." Oh well.
  12. T

How much driving is a lot?

I do 8000 miles a year. I like it that way.
  13. T

BMW Totaled, Driver OK

Seriously, though, it does tell you something about how cars have changed. I grew up in an era of steering columns that were literally spears aimed at your chest, dashboards that were angled like kitchen knives, and nearly as sharp, and seatbelts which, in the early mid sixties, were not even on...
  14. T

Where to find good financial advisors

I've found that credit unions often have really good financial advisers, and they are generally free if you have accounts there.
  15. T

Windshield cracked need advice

$1000 deductible for glass? That seems odd, as most insurers have a separate deductible for glass damage. It's usually not the same as the deductible for collision. I'd check that specifically.